Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On Work

The position I had originally applied for at PetSmart three years ago was cashier. I was applying online and didn't know what to put in the box, so that was my default. It turned out that they didn't need a cashier at the time but Emma called to inform me of an opening available as a dog trainer. Even though I didn't (and still don't) know anything about training dogs I went to the interview. I think Emma and Amy mutually concluded that I was too shy to be a trainer so they stuck me in pet care, cleaning fish tanks and bird cages.

It's good that things worked out like that because I register trained over the last few weeks and I hate it a lot more than I though. I can handle rude people. I can handle people who act like I'm mentally challenged because I work part time at a pet store. I can handle people who take their bad days out on me and throw tantrums when they don't get their way. I can even handle people who launch personal attacks on me for no particular reason. What I can't handle are stupid people.

"Why is my total $95?" Did you see all the shit in your cart? Apparently not.

"Why did my total go from $40 to $185?" The $40 was your that bag of dog food I scanned. That's why it said PURNIA DOG FOOD. Now it says TOTAL. That's your total. Learn math.

"Why does the shelf say $4 if this is really $8?" It's on sale with your store card. You declined a card application and refused to give me your phone number. Learn to read.

"Why does the shelf say $20 if this is really $75?" Someone put it in the wrong spot. Did you honestly expect to get that price?

"Why does everything here cost so much?" Because the corporation takes advantage of stupid people.

5 comments :

  1. Haha I totally understand. My favorite one was when a guy walked up to me and said "You charged me too much for this" (I wasnt his cashier a different lane was) and then he informed me that "I personally benefit from Walmart charging too much for items" Your right sir I do benifit from it.... Oh wait! I make min. wadge, dont get benifits, and I work lots of hours but not enough to be considered full time so then they would have to pay me more and give me insurance. Stupid people should get shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The government should mandate that stupid people have their reproductive organs removed...and shoved down their throats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night I tried to make hard boiled eggs in the microwave... they exploded, blew the microwave door open, launched the glass tray out, and threw bits of egg all over my apartment. The first thing I did was eat the big pieces of egg, then I cleaned up the mess, and then I ate a pint of ice cream and 1/2 a bag of pepperonis. In hindsight, it was a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The excessive excitement of the previous comment is why I don't let Jason type things under my accounts anymore.

    ReplyDelete