Monday, February 20, 2012

The New Fiscal Year

Things are starting to look up at work again. We have a new store manager who will hopefully find a permanent position at our store. He's an older guy, so he has tons of experience, a good work ethic, and knows what he is doing. He has a genuinely friendly personality and is very approachable, and most importantly he doesn't put up with all of the problems our store has been experiencing over the last year. There have already been significant changes, and I can honestly say that I'm happy with it.

I wish I could say the same thing about some of the people I work with. Many of them are hard workers with a friendly and pleasant demeanor. Some of them are lazy, some are idiots, and some have wretched personalities, which is to be expected when with the current state of the hiring pool. My main complaint is that I miss the feeling of solidarity I experienced when I first started the job. My coworkers and I used to be a well functioning team with specified duties. Everyone had a job and everything got done by the end of the night. These days it feels more like a random assortment of people simply thrown into jobs they hate.

No comments :

Post a Comment