Friday, July 21, 2006

It's Friday and I'm Bored

I haven't updated in a while because I don't have a whole lot to say. I still don't know what to podcast about, I still haven't finished editing the movie, and I'm still unemployed. I did get a new digital camera today, and I posted a few pics of my animals on my flickr page. That's about it.

Oh, I've been playing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow a lot. It's a great game, but there's a lot to do, at least for this type of game. First, there's the 100% of the map that's a huge pain to explore. Some of it consists of being imaginative and finding a way around a problem, and some of it simply requires attacking the wall until it crumbles. There are also souls to collect from enemies you've killed, which is an even bigger pain because your chance of absorbing the souls is completely random as far as I can tell. But nevertheless, it's a great game.

This made me briefly consider making a vampire movie. But then I realized I don't know all that much about vampires and I don't want to make three horror movies back to back. Not that a vampire movie (or a zombie movie for that matter) really has to be scary, but still. I really would like to make this kind of a movie, but I'm not sure what people would think of it. And I know I should be writing for myself, but I really do need to take the audience into consideration here.

I'm really happy with my new digicam. Technically it's my mom's, but I doubt she'll ever actually use it. It's a great camera. The pictures are really crisp and clear. I've never seen this kind of clarity from a digital camera, let alone one in this price range. By the way, it's a Canon PowerShot A340. Great camera.

So all in all, I'm having a good time. I have new gadgets to play with and I'm doing things (kind of). Did I mention I can't figure out Windows file sharing? I went to college for this for 2 years and I can't set up a simple file server. Well, I can set it up, but I can't get the other computers to connect to it. And I don't know why. I think I might go back to making it a Linux (Slackware, of course) box and learn Apache or something. But then I'll have to format my HD with NTFS and I don't have a place to dump the data. Maybe I'll just buy an internal drive for the server and use my good one as a backup like I originally planned. Why do all my files have to be so damn big?

No comments :

Post a Comment