Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Art of Gift Giving

I feel a lot better that I have been. I got Jason's birthday gift yesterday and he told me I could open it. I knew he got it at Barnes and Noble, but I really had no idea what it was. I thought it would probably be that book I saw about Ubuntu or a podcasting book. Maybe even a tie in of some sort to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or something like that. But the box was filled with something much better.

There were two books. The first one was The Portable Film School, a book designed to teach you what you need to know about filmmaking when film school isn't an option. That really meant a lot to me because I told Jason how much that previous fiasco with the local filmmakers (the one where I felt really out of place because of lack of experience) bothered me. The second book was what really hit me. I've been seriously thinking about possibility of becoming a game designer for a while, but I don't really talk about it a lot because I don't like people getting all excited about stuff that I may never do. I may have told Jason about it once or twice, but I didn't think he'd remember. The second book was The Art of Game Production.

When I saw those two books, for the first time in what seems like forever, I felt like someone actually believes in me. Jason encourages me all the time, but I kind of feel like he says it because it's his job to. But this gift filled me with such a sense of encouragement that I cried. I admit it. I feel really good about myself now.

And now my parents are fighting. Not about going ALL THE WAY to Port Huron to get me some lousy birthday gift that I probably won't even like, but about cooking two fucking hot dogs for me to eat, which I ate half raw, but the way.

1 comment :

  1. aww... you are so adorable sometimes that it just puts a big smile on my little face

    ReplyDelete