Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Incoherence

I haven't really been posting anything recently because I'm still feeling kind of lousy. I don't really want to talk about that today thought because I've been doing enough thinking about it and I'm drained.

I watched some TechCentric today. If anyone is interested in doing some cool stuff with computers, you should watch an episode or two. It's pretty cool, but a lot of the stuff is kind or menial (for me because I'm a geek and know how stuff works behind the pretty interface), but they do have some cool content on their show. They had an interesting segment about logging into Windows (or any other OS) with a credit card which could have been summed up in about 30 seconds, but they do make it interesting.

I also caught up on some podcasts. I figured out how to use Amarok to automatically show me when new episodes are avaliable (I could have it download them, but I don't have all that much disk space on this machine and I don't want to clog waste it on content I could just as easily stream). RSS is a pretty cool concept, even though it seems excessively simple. I've been finding a lot of really nice fonts that I'd like to use in future posters and the such. I really want to get back into graphic design (and remake my RIAA poster), but I get distracted by all the negativity I'm surrounded by.

I've been listening to a lot of Richard Cheese. If you want to listen to something new you should check him out. He's a cover lounge singer who has some remakes of really great songs. There's a fantastic big band version of Enter Sandman by Metallica and a lot of other really great songs. There is more music available on his myspace profiles.

I moved my bed to another wall today mostly so I could get to my closet without moving that stupid organ, but also to give myself kind of a new perspective. Every day for the last week I've been slouched in the same spot on my bed and I'm sick of it. I do feel better now, probably because of the exercise but maybe partially due to new arrangement. It's less cramped in here and I finally have some space to move around in.

I'm still trying to find a job, and this small town still really sucks. But I'm putting more applications in tomorrow, and hopefully I'll find something. I don't even care where at this point, as long as it gets me out of this house and away from this house.

I want to get healthy too. I've been drinking a lot less caffeine (I don't even remember the last time I had any coffee) and I'm thinking about starting to life weights again. The only problem is that I'm kind of lazy and never stick to a routine once I set it. I really would like to look good though. I've always wanted to be one of those guys with nice muscle tone and a cute face. I know Jason likes the way I look, but I really don't.

Oh, and I'm really sick of how everyone hates everyone else. I've been trying to write something about it for my myspace blog (because a lot more people see it than this one), but it just hasn't been coming out right. I don't want to offend anyone and I know no matter what I say I'll offend someone. Not that I really mind offending people, but there's a limit on what I'm willing to say to people.

But that's enough about me. Tell me how you guys are. Seriously. Leave a comment and let me know.

4 comments :

  1. I'm somewhat oh kay. I have an exam in a few hours and I should be sleeping but I'm really passionate about things that I feel are being handled poorly. On another note, I gave my resident his bumper back today =)

    <3 U
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Now get some sleep so you won't be grumpy during your exam and start a riot or something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im good! Life seems to be panning out nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad. You deserve all the happiness you can get. :)

    ReplyDelete