Saturday, July 07, 2007

Strange Species

I, Richard G. Moore, a national of the United States, solemnly swear that I was born at Flat Plains AFB, Oklahoma, United States of America, Planet Earth on February 13, 1986; that I formerly resided in the United States at 765 Broadway, Marine City, Michigan, United States of America, Planet Earth, That I had resided in the United States from February 13, 1986 to July 7, 2007; That I am a national of the United States by virtue of birth;

That I desire to make a formal renunciation of my Earthian Planetarity and Humanship, as provided by section 349(a)(5) of the Immigration and Planetarity Act, and pursuant thereto I hereby absolutely and entirely renounce my Earthian Planetarity and Humanship together with all rights and privileges and all duties of allegiance and fidelity thereunto pertaining.






Sometimes I'm ashamed to be associated with the vile, unintelligent, hate filled inhabitants of this little blue lump of matter hurling through the vacuum of the universe. So I adapted this from an official document, thanks to the U.S government posting everything on the Internet. I really do wish this was a real document and I could get as far away from here as modern propulsion would allow because every day I encounter (not always physically) dozens of people who go through their lives trying to convince everyone around them that their way of living is the one and only right way. People just can't handle anyone who doesn't fit into their nice little definitions of what people should be and continue fighting for what they think is right.

The worst is when people quote the Holy Bible. I'm not disputing the Bible's validity. Even though I don't think it represents what God would want, it might actually be his exact words. No one really knows. What gets me is when people misuse passages in the Bible that could be interpreted a million different ways, but they insist that their way is right because their favorite televangelist said so. These people then continue to throw out passages (especially in Leviticus) that don't work for them, but still insist that if someone violates the very next passage they're going straight to Hell.

People also insist on intruding on others' civil rights, claiming that their rights are violated. A law student fails the BAR exam because he refuses to answer a question about gay marriage. He wasn't asked to agree with the law or homosexuality in general, just to answer a simple question. But it somehow violated his rights, making the words "gay marriage" (and thus the concept) arguably unconstitutional. The parent of a fifth grader sits in on a PTA meeting and insists that a black school teacher should be let go because he makes the daughter of a man she doesn't even know uncomfortable. The kids have a right to learn in a healthy environment, but God forbid the man be able to work in one.

With all the hate that's constantly going around it's hard to believe people ever get anything done. Or do they? What does all the bickering, fighting, and name calling accomplish? Humans are so caught up in their beliefs that they never stop to think if they're right. They just insist. And that leads to a whole lot of hate, violence, war, and death.

I'm proud to no longer be a part of that.

24 comments :

  1. When you get a launch ready, take me with you! We can visit Xenu and bitchslap him for being an ass-hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get a launch ready you can be the captain and wherever you want to go is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finally finished your renouncement of humanity! :) Since we're in it for the long run, I hereby declare myself non-human (preferably titled "He Who is Above Humanity").

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Buddha? A Dolphin? A Ham Sandwich?

    (ten points for guessing where that reference came from)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya.... I have no idea why I wrote that

    ReplyDelete
  6. To my writer friend: was it Monty Python?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12/7/07 21:34

    Ok I wanted to let you know when you leave you also need to have room for me! If there is no room we might be able to leave the other guy here? just an option <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since when does best friend rank higher than fiance? Dick came back for Dr. Albright, did he not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. People, people, calm down. There's enough room in my ship for everyone. *wink,wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. EVERYONE!!!! What?!?!!??! I do not want to ride with anyone from your family... except you of course

    ReplyDelete
  11. My reference was from Sheep in the Big City.

    As for the ship, it will be shaped like an Airbus, and the first in-flight movie will be Rent - the karaoke edition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Industrial strength ear plugs will also be provided.

    And who says my family's invited?

    ReplyDelete
  13. you said everyone, which implys everyone! but I'm glad to know that they are not invited

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure, there's enough room for everyone, but I'm very selective about who can actually board the spacecraft.

    ReplyDelete
  15. can we have a moose?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want a pandas and llamas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll allow a moose, a panda, a llama, and a donkey, but that's it! I don't want to ahve to tale care of any more animals.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous16/7/07 22:27

    What about cats? The cats can come right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll allow 2 cats...Steve and Schrodinger, but now that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ^ Whoa! Was that me?
    | I must be on crack
    |

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous29/7/07 22:31

    The only crack allowed will be the one between your cheeks!
    There will be NO smoking of the crack, sniffing perhaps, but absolutely NO smoking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. don't worry, I don't smoke it, I just say the word 'crack' and that is my extent of the use of the drug

    ReplyDelete