Saturday, September 08, 2007

I Call This One 'Bleh'

I really hate it when it's too hot to sleep and I have to get up in the morning. On the positive side it gives me some time to finish up Final Fantasy XII (after 100+ hours) and listen to 10+ hours of TWiT podcasts that Jason downloaded for me. But on the negative side I'm going to have to wash my sheets again. I've had some time to think about how to fit exercise and relaxation into my day. But I'll be too tired in the morning to actually do it. I get to brush my teeth one extra time per night. But that's only because I have really raunchy breath at night. Bleh.

I hate desktop publishing. My printer is aging and refuses to accurately take the paper, leading to misaligned pages and fraudulent paper jams. It's also hard to tell what something will look like when it's actually printed. I think I prefer digital images that will forever remain on a monitor (unless someone else feels the need to print it, in which case it's their problem). I want to make another poster, but have no inspiration. Bleh.

I like foods with extreme flavors. Swiss cheese, onions, and beer mustard frequently accompany my hamburger patties. On the rare occasion that we have a lemon or two in the house I'll eat them like most people would eat an orange. I like my coffee strong, black, and lukewarm. Whole mild peppers are delicious. I also can't get enough ice cream despite my intolerance to lactose. The foods I won't eat (people call me picky): mushrooms and cooked carrots. Bleh.

I'm addicted to video games. My fire sorceress is level 85, my gang controls 100% of the greater Los Santos area, and my city's streets are bustling. I'm also addicted to music. 121 hours and 8.5 Gigs sit on my local drive. Few genres are unaccounted for in my library (of music, that is). I'm addicted to music based games too. Completing Amplitude on Brutal Mode was no sweat and I do enjoy flailing my arms as I play Dance Dance Revolution in the middle of my bedroom floor. I can't dance. Bleh.

Storytelling is one of my favorite activities. It helps me entertain people, which is another passion of mine. Too bad I'm shy. That's why I like writing. But filmmaking is kind of a drag with the formatting and the filming and whatnot. I've thought of being a stand up comedian, but then there are the jokes and the standing up. I'd rather be an old-fashioned, storytelling bard. With a computer. And the Internet. Bleh.

People don't understand me. It's my fault, really. First for being so weird in a way that no one else can claim to be, and second for not making my words and actions crystal clear. Everyone takes everything literally, yet I post vague references and quotes without explaining myself. If I was more like everyone else people would get me. But then I'd be more like everyone else and I wouldn't get myself. Bleh.

8 comments :

  1. On the 'too hot to sleep' note:

    Last night I went camping with my floor (I think only 30 people showed up) and it was expected to rain. I was tired at 7:30 but somehow I managed to keep going until 9:00, at which time I asked if I could stay in one of the RA's tents. I went from the beach over to where his tent was (because he said I could stay there) and went to put my stuff in.

    I found everyone else's sleeping bags/pillows when I went to lay my stuff down, so I took most of it out to make room for me. Once I had my stuff layed out I put some sleeping bags back in.

    I walked back to the beach, returned the flashlight I was using, and then walked back in the dark (and into some trees) to where the tents where. Once I was snuggled in I fell asleep. I woke up to one of my residents outside and I told him to put the sleeping bags in a tent in case it rained. Then I fell asleep for the night.

    In the morning I woke up to laughing. Apparently, not only did it rain, but people didn't think to check the tent I was in for the sleeping bags I was trying to keep dry. Thus, I had a nice and cozy (sometimes too warm) sleep, while other people had a long and freezing night due to the fact that I had a pile of about 10 sleeping bags next to me.

    In other words, I am an ass without even trying that hard and I don't know why res life still gives me a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/9/07 22:51

    LOL...Julie, I love your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what can I say, douche bagness is one of my main traits

    on an unrelated note: I love you Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I love you too.

    P.S. Does anyone have an extra printer of decent quality that they'd be willing to let me "borrow" for an indefinite period?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/9/07 07:30

    Well, of course I do. I can bring it and the futon bunkbed to you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not going to be here Friday :(, but if you want to drop it off then, you can - especially the printer, because I really need the printer. :P Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also don't know when I'm going to be home again because my dad's in the hospital again and I should go down there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous15/9/07 00:50

    I didn't make it to Marine City on Friday.

    Why is your dad in the hospital?

    ReplyDelete