Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Goings On

Some days I just don't feel like blogging, and this is one of them. On the other hand I know if I don't force myself to blog I won't keep up with it and this will end up like my 3 other blogs. I've been trying to do so many different things in the past few days that I haven't really accomplished anything useful.

I worked on a short script I was working on a while back, but I still don't have a definitive ending. Another thing I've been doing (when everyone is away) is practicing guitar, but I don't really put enough effort into it to make a difference. I've been meaning to reinstall Windows on my machine because I've been facing a myriad of problems with it, but it's going to take all day and I don't want to go without a functioning computer that long. I promised my aunt I'd send her a letter, but I don't really have much to say to her and I don't really feel motivated to do it.

In case no one noticed, I made some revisions to the design of my blog. I'm trying to go for a shiny silver theme, but I'm not finished. I get bored of CSS very quickly, so I work best in short little bursts. The design will be slowly evolving toward my vision of what it should be, but it won't get there for a while. Sorry for the inconvenience, but that's the only way it's going to get done.

This morning I had an interview at PetSmart as a part time dog trainer. Despite the fact that Emma asked me some of the most stupid questions ever, I think I did well. I have a second interview on Friday at 11:30 with Amy (who I'm assuming is the store manager). I'll have to get a second job to have any kind of money to really spend, but being a part time dog trainer sounds a lot more interesting than being a full time customer service rep.

I like living away from Marine City because there are no people around here to ridicule me all the time. It wasn't just my mom, but my other family and most of my friends too. When I went to my interview this morning I wasn't really nervous. I think it's because I didn't have to come home to people who would make me feel bad for not getting the job. I also feel a lot more comfortable bringing Jason here and that makes me feel good.

12 comments :

  1. Anonymous17/1/08 10:10

    Hurray for getting an interview, and HURRAY for having a second interview scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are doing better in your new city =)

    Miss you!!

    Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19/1/08 02:16

    Shit monkeys. I was too busy telling you how crappy my day was at work I didnt ask you how the second interview went. Crap! Well i will ask you tomorrow when you get up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, how was yesterday's interview?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The interview went really well and I think I have a really good chance of getting the job. The store manager (Amy) said she'd try to cross train me in as many different departments as I wanted so I could get more hours. The only thing is that Amy said Emma would give me a call today to talk to me about a drug test I have to take on Monday (if she calls), but she didn't. That's what happened when I interviewed at CVS, so it makes me a little anxious. I guess I just have to call them back though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss everyone's updates =( here's mine:

    I am happy. I don't mind living off campus but I don't have enough food. I get 5 dinners a week from Jillian but I often skip lunch. Classes are amazing. I've been applying for summer jobs like crazy. Broomball is fun, although, I'm not a very good goalie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't have enough food?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh kay, when I said I don't have enough food. I meant if I were to be eating all my meals here. I mooch foods off people ALL the time, except lunch. I don't mooch lunch. So if I don't pack a lunch, I just skip it. I do have lunch foods though. Actually I found out yesterday that the guy who used to live her left a lot of hunting meats in the freezer, so I might fry some of those up.

    Basically, quit freaking out mom, and stick to your budget!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't make me come up there and force feed you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ate too much at dinner...
    now I'm really full :'(

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect shirt for me...
    http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9949

    ReplyDelete