Sunday, January 13, 2008

Writing a Blog, Not a Script

I've been trying to write for the past few days, but I can't bring myself to do it. That's a big part of why I've been depressed and feel worthless. I sit down to write and open the application, but I just can't get anything out and I don't know why. I remember a time when I could just sit down and write anything I wanted for as long as I needed. I don't know what happened since then, but I don't like it.

I can't even finish any of the shorts I started. I have about a dozen unfinished skits and scripts just sitting on my hard drive doing nothing. I really want to film something soon, but I don't have anything presentable. And every time I do get close top finishing something I'm reminded that I don't have the proper equipment to shoot anything anyway. Maybe I should be a graphic artist instead?

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous13/1/08 19:51

    Heather and I will help do videos, when were not at school or having to study.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, the best time to write a script is when you're in that semi-lucid state right before sleeping. Any other time plain old sucks.

    Rich, what you're feeling is normal. I go through it every day. It's why I haven't made any real progress toward a new spec pilot. It can't be forced. But, when the ideas come, watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich,

    I've been there. It's oh kay.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes trap myself somewhere with nothing but a pad and a pen. I usually overload on coffee or green tea beforehand, thus activating a creative mania that cannot disperse except through said paper.

    ReplyDelete