Friday, October 17, 2008

I've Got a Funny Feeling We're All Born to Lose

I haven't done anything constructive since the last time I posted, hence there was no need to blog. I've been suffering severe bouts of on and off depression for the last few weeks. That's always fantastic. Last week I injured my arm in a horrific skateboarding accident. It still hurts when I rotate my lower arm, but it feels so much better than a week ago.

Sometimes I just want to be someone else. I don't care who, just anyone. I'm really dissatisfied with myself and my life. Maybe if I got out more and tried to do more constructive things I'd feel better. I don't know where to start, though.

There is nowhere I can apply myself, or I haven't found a place to. I want to do all these things with my life, but I have nowhere to start. I want to be a chef (not a short order cook), but I have neither the money to buy ingredients nor anyone to really cook for. I want to be a graphic designer, working on posters and similar media, but I don't have a subject. I want to be a filmmaker, but I have nowhere to just gather some people, pick up a camera and start shooting. I want to be a game designer, but I don't have a platform on which I could create something halfway decent without starting from scratch.

4 comments :

  1. You don't have anybody to cook for? What are you talking about? I'll be your guinea pig. I always enjoy trying new recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly up for collaboration.

    There are resources of everything you want to do. You just have to go and get them yourself.
    I'm sure a random shoutout, like on myspace or something, can help you assemble a decent crew.

    As for finding a subject... Well, you can only write what you know when you actually know something. Which from the optimistic point of view only means you should go out and experience more things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a horrible dream that you died and we were all so sad, so please don't die.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I'll try not to.

    ReplyDelete