Saturday, January 18, 2014

8 Weeks

I'm not entirely sure what gave me the idea that I would be able to read a book a week while taking two accelerated courses and two on campus courses. I will try again in 8 weeks, when my accelerated courses have wrapped up and work double time during the summer to catch up and then get ahead for the fall classes I'm going to take. In the mean time, here are some of the things that I have learned this week:

White matter is white because of a fatty myelin sheath that insulates it from the sea of ions that the body is comprised of. Alternatively, grey matter is grey because of the lack of myelin.

Nerve impulses travel roughly 2 mph in grey matter, but up to 225 mph in white matter.

During the paleolithic era, when humans first started drawing on cave walls the paintings were all of animals. It wasn't until the neolithic era that humans began appearing in these paintings.

The history of Egypt is much more interesting than I had ever imagined.

When taking a business card, you should comment on it rather than putting it directly into your pocket.

Young people have no idea how to communicate and are very awkward.

That's all I can recall for now because I'm overworked and sleep deprived. It's probably going to be a rough 8 weeks, but I think that I can handle it. I still haven't decided how I feel about my classes, but will probably post a conclusion soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment