Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hay is for Horses

While I was cleaning out my filing cabinet today I came across a bunch of paperwork from Baker College. It made me realize just how big of a loser I really am. I was doing so good and was less than a year from graduating. I was on the President's list 3 times and was cordially invited to a luncheon at the Fogcutter, which for some selfish reason or another I chose not to attend. I tested out of almost half the classes I needed to take because I actually knew what I was doing. I could have actually And I really fucked that up.

Sometimes I really feel like my life amounts to nothing. I sit around the house all day just to go to bed early so I can get up early to work 4 hours to come home and sit around until I have to go to bed again. I don't think I can afford to go back to college because I don't know if I'll be able to get a loan (federal or otherwise) or the Pell Grant. But if I don't go to college soon I never will and I'll be stuck in a dead end job forever. Some people end up like that, and even though I don't wnat to, I'll probably be one of them.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy my job. I do. I'm just having an off day. I think.

14 comments :

  1. Anonymous10/2/08 01:57

    I really do think you will get a loan or a pell grant of some sort. Im almost positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said earlier, I know it won't help, but I'm proud of what you've done so far. You're a really bright guy, Rich.

    And I know you're going through a rough patch right now, but things will get better. I'll always be here for you and will help in whatever ways I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if I do get a loan, what if I spend it all, get nowhere, end up paying it back, run out of money, stop making the monthly payment, and ruin my credit again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because of your parent's financial situation, you WILL be able to get a Pell grant. If you need help filling out the paper work, just ask. I am a fafsa pro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accept you for what you are

    ReplyDelete
  6. I accept you for what you are too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I notice you say this after having spent years trying to shape me into what I am today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Urgh, Rich! Probably not your fault, but your utter lack of faith in the universe and in yourself annoys me. Remember existentialism: Things are the way they are because you let them be that way.

    I don't think it's right for a mere lack of resources to get in the way of your fulfilling the potential that I (and Jason, and all of your friends) believe you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Rich! I love you very much and I can't wait to see you later today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

    For those who in a relationship, congradulations!

    For those who are single,
    CONGRADULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete