Thursday, February 14, 2008

How Did the Pig Tracks Get on the Ceiling?

"I hope I don't work in the fish department. I don't have a choice. I have to do what they tell me. I hate the fucking fish. They're so boring and dull and I don't want to work with them."

Tuesday was the first time I finished all my work on time. It went something like this:
Give the birds water, take the old dishes away. Give the birds food, take the old dishes away. Give the small pets (rodents) water, take the old bottles away. Give the small pets food, take the old dishes away. Catch crickets, feed them to the reptiles. Mist the reptiles. Give the reptiles water, take away the old dishes. Cut up veggies and oranges for the turtle, Mali, birds, and all small pets, but the chinchillas. Wash the dishes. It's a lot more fun than it sounds.

Today I did basically the same thing, but I was scheduled for two extra hours, so I had to work with the fish a little. We get new fish on Thursdays, so we have to catalog, acclimatize, and put them in their tanks. That's never fun. I really do hate working with the fish. They're boring, dull, and always cling to the bags.

I'm thinking of buying a rex rat. Rats are way cooler than other rodents because they're larger, smarter, and a lot less skittish. You can actually sit down and let them sit on your shoulder while you're watching TV without worrying about them getting lost or something. The only problem is that right now I can't really afford one. The rats themselves only cost $10, but the cage I would choose is $100. Food is only $5 and dishes are about $5 each, and I'd need to buy the little guy some fruit, but that wouldn't really cost that much monthly. It's just the cage and toys I can't really afford. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I had a good birthday. My parents came over and brought me a bunch of food and The Simpsons Movie. We watched it and they left. Jason came over and we hang out until he left earlier this afternoon. He got me a nice framed picture of us. Steph picked up a DDR mat for me, which is awesome because I really needed it so I can play again, which I did quite a bit today (mostly after Jason left) and now I'm pretty sore. Heather drove me to work and ordered me an Every Avenue shirt, which is also cool. I'm also pretty strung out on chocolate covered coffee beans that my mom picked up, which is nice because I haven't been able to drink much coffee recently due to my crappy schedule, but I have the next 3 days off.

That's all I've been up to.

Oh, and I need some more hot chocolate.

11 comments :

  1. Anonymous15/2/08 00:16

    Well Im glad you had a good birthday. We need to do good on DDR but I need a lot of practice. Thanks for playing crash cart with me today it was fun. Oh and I cant wait till next friday because of AE concert!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich,

    Glad to hear that you are doing better! I like rats too, they are cleaner than most small animals. I'm really tired and can't remember all what I wanted to respond to... sorry.

    Julie

    p.s. I'd send you hot chocolate, but I eated all of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich!!

    I have these song lyrics stuck in my head:

    "I wish I was a little bit taller
    I wish I was a balla'
    I wish I had a girl
    And if I did I would call her"

    anyway, what I really wanted to tell you was that my route starts at 10am tomorrow on Gratiot and 23, do you want me to pick you up at 9:30?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your route goes down Marsh towards town, could we pick up Jason too? He can con little old ladies into leaving us their inheritance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck yes,

    Do you know what most old ladies have?... homemade cookies! I am about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rich,

    Thanks for letting me vent to you today, I really appreciate it!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I'm one of one people that post comments lately...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8th comment!

    I've got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm downstate until Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Thought you'd like to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should visit me.

    591096 Central Village,
    Chesterfield, MI 48047

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next time I promise I'll make the best effort to get to you. I saw my grandparents that I haven't seen in over a year. They seriously are the sweetest people ever and I love them completely. I saw my cousin's baby while I was there. It kind of weirds me out that a bunch of my cousins on that side (which are younger than me) have children. I'm totally NOT ready for children. Anyway, I got to see her baby Brandon. He's really cute and heavy! Not cubby at all, but you definitely know when your holding him.

    It was a drive to get to them, I think we were away from home for 6 or 7 hours.

    Then I saw my Mimmi (I really like how she lives her life) We went to Red Lobster and then to the Mall. It was a lot of fun. I love spending time with her, with Heidi, and especially with her + Heidi, which is what this was. This lasted at least 5 hours.

    I had a meeting that I went to for the American Legion, and somehow in all this I managed to finish my rheology homework, get my selection homework mostly done, and began to build a model of MgSiO4.... I won't be home for spring break and I'm not sure if I'm coming home in May.

    ReplyDelete