Monday, November 24, 2008

I Think I Need a Vacation from Life

I paid Connie a visit yesterday. There was a network problem with her husband's computer (which Jason and I couldn't figure out), and she needed to copy a large amount of data between two USB hard drives. 375 gigs is a lot of data to move between two drives on the same interface, so I think it'll take a few days. She gave me a printer though, which I've been needing for some time. Of course, now that I have it I don't remember what I needed to print.

I saw Julie too, but she didn't really say much. Luke asked me to build some space ships out of Lego's for him, which was really fun. I don't really get to build much stuff anymore. Which reminds me, I've been working on a new theme for my blog and myspace, but I'm kind of rusty at Photoshop, so it's been taking a while.

I've also been doing some (possibly the bulk) Christmas and birthday shopping. It was mostly books, but I got my mom some nice candles at Meijer. There's not much else I can say there. I checked out the Biggby Coffee chain, which was kind of pricey, but so much better than Starbucks. I just wish there was a location a little closer than Garfield and Hall.

6 comments :

  1. It's good to get the shopping out of the way. I always wait until the day before, and then I end up getting shitty gifts. XD

    375 gigs? That's..... a lot of data.

    And I've never heard of Biggby.

    But, the vacation? Yes, I think that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that I need to do a little more shopping, so I broke out the Meijer Credit Card again. Too bad I can't use that with Jason's discount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun having you guys over, we'll have to do it again. Next time I'll fix something yummy instead of just feeding you leftovers.

    How is that data transfer going? I can't express how grateful I am that you're doing that for me.

    Vacation? You're invited to camp with us Friday night. Yes, it will be COLD, but could be fun anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've run into some roadblocks getting the drive to work properly, but I think I've corrected the problem. Still, I'm only half way through the D's. I'll probably be able to finish tomorrow and send the package out Friday.

    And I'd go camping with you, but I have to work on Saturday.

    Also, next time Jason wants to film one of our videos at your place and have you moderate, if that sounds good too you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, I was really tired. I think I fell asleep at like 8am and then slept in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luke would like you to come over and build more things with Lego's.

    ReplyDelete