Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just Another Average Post

I feel like I always let everyone down. My mom needs me to help her move all the shit from her garage by Friday (which we had been doing before her car broke down), but I don't really have a way to get there. I feel like it's sort of my fault because I've been putting off some of the bigger things and now that it needs to get done, I still don't have a car. I don't even know if I'll be able to make it there for Christmas because work might be retarded and schedule me at 6AM the day after.

That's just one of the ways the holidays have me run down. Of course, I've been working extra hours at work, taking on peoples' hours when I can, and getting a lot less sleep (which is really something considering how little sleep I normally get). But, all that doesn't really matter. I've spent all the money I have available to me. That keeps me up at night, worrying about how big of a dent my week in Tennessee is going to make on January's rent and my Mastercard. On top of that, I still don't know if I'm going to be able to get a loan for a car or find a really crappy one for the amount of money I still have in my savings.

But Christmas is wonderful, so I'm not supposed to be unhappy.

3 comments :

  1. I think you've earned the right to be miserable.

    But like everything else at this time of year, keep it in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. But does keeping it mostly to myself count as moderation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because people think christmas to be a wonderful holiday doesn't mean you automatically have to follow to flock.

    And no, keeping it to yourself DOESN'T count as moderation: it just intensifies the effect it has.

    ReplyDelete