Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On Second Thoguht

I totally changed my mind about what I want for Christmas this year.

What I'd really like is to finally be done with the transition of being completely comfortable with myself. All this time I was hoping for the people around me to get over it, but I realized something: I'm always going to be around new people, and I can't spend my entire life wishing for everyone else to be okay with who I am. I think if I was comfortable with who I am, I would care a lot less what other people think of me.

So I don't need my mom to accept me, Jason's parents to like me, any of my friends or family to accept me. I just need to accept myself and everything will start getting better.

That is the only thing I really want to come out of this year.

5 comments :

  1. I'm not entirely comfortable with myself, either. That's why I'm always concerned about what people think about me. It's why I can't take criticism and why negative YouTube comments always make me feel like crap.

    However, I think that, as more people come to accept you (as with your coworkers), you'll start to feel better about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could give you only one gift, it would be for you to be comfortable in your own skin.

    When you pretend to be something other than who you are, you have already decided that others aren't allowed to like the REAL you. How could they if all they get to see is who you think they want you to be?

    Unfortunately, the chances of you accurately reading someone else's mind is rater slim, and leaves them not knowing the real you, but feeling like you're a phony.

    You're right, you don't need other people to accept you, but you may be surprised at how willing others are to like and accept the real you when they finally get to meet him.
    Be real, be yourself.

    I like you, we should do something fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *rather

    some of my keys aren't working well unless I really push on them, not to say that I'm above typos, after all I'm a terrible typist.

    I hope you like me anyways. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like you anwyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes.

    That's all I need to say really. I'm glad you've come to this realization Rich, because this IS what you have ALWAYS needed to strive towards.

    If you start accepting yourself, everything else will take care of itself.

    Merry Christmas! ^_^

    ReplyDelete