Friday, January 22, 2010

That's Like Something from Science Fiction

I've decided that instead of living on a planet it the Goldilocks zone of a nearby solar system (which has been a desire of mine for some time), I would be content living on a space ship. With a little training I could be an amazing medic or mechanic. It doesn't matter if we ever actually went anywhere because I'd be away from here. As long as I could convince Jason to go along with it, it would be an ideal situation for all.

[THIS PARAGRAPH IS NOT ABOUT PUPPIES OR KITTENS AND HAS BEEN REMOVED]

I've been really bored with my job lately. It's a nice job and all, but it's never interesting. Every week I clean the same tanks, feed the same animals, and talk to the same customers about the same problems. The only time anything interesting happens is when something breaks and I get a chance to fix it. Unless it's something big like the main sump. That just gets in the way of my work.

My bank account and I are currently having a minor scuff, which is normal for the Christmas and birthday rush season. I also need to get glasses that aren't partially opaque with scratches and tags for my license plate which aren't expired. What joy.

4 comments :

  1. Maybe that's a sign that it's time to start looking for a new job. If you have an hour to spare, why don't you spend a little time every day looking at various career sites. Perhaps there's something else out there you might enjoy doing that'd offer full time, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'll go work at Meijer! They should accept my high school diploma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous28/1/10 19:11

    Either what Jason said, or keep an eye open for a managerial position within the company. It's always nice to move up, and, hopefully, for more pay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous28/1/10 19:13

    Oops, forgot to add this: try looking for jobs at State agencies. I work for the State of Arizona at the University of Arizona (in the parking garages, haha), and I get great pay and EXCELLENT benefits.

    ReplyDelete