Sunday, August 25, 2013

The end of August

I'm really enjoying my classes so far this semester. I'm taking web programming (read:glorifies HTML and CSS) and nutrition online, which I haven't really learned much from yet, but it's still early in the semester. I like that I can do all of the work from my own computer, but I don't like the mandatory forum discussions. I just don't feel that talking amongst peers is essential to my learning process. Saturday mornings at 8 I have my intro Photoshop class, which has the potential to be really interesting, but hasn't been so far.

One thing I haven't been enjoying is the buying a house game. The entire process is stupid and I'm growing bored to the point where I can't bring myself to care much about it. Jason is on it and seems to really want a condo, so I guess I'll play. I'd prefer the privacy and yard that a house would afford, but Jason seems to be dead set against it. I wouldn't mind buying a somewhat older house and maintaining it. What I don't want is something exactly like something everyone else has. Bleh.

On a side note, Anne asked me to help her with her computer (we called ATT and the moron couldn't handle resetting her password) and dig a hole in her yard. I did this and we buried her recently deceased guinea pig and hamster. I stayed around for cookies and ice cream and she told me stories about her life. She has some pretty interesting ones, if you can get through the dull ones first. She told me she would give me whatever beer was in her refrigerator and "maybe even some of her liquor." I'd say she made good on her offer.


1 comment :

  1. I'm open to a house, but the ones I've been looking at are too old. We wouldn't be able to afford the upkeep. In addition, they're all too far east from my work.

    ReplyDelete