Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3. 28 Days Later

One of the assignments for my previz class was to read a screenplay, so I picked up a copy of 28 Days Later on Amazon. I was surprised that even with how frequently I get distracted by my thoughts, it took about as long to read this as it did to watch the movie (just shy of 2 hours).

It was a really good experience for me because I got to think about how what is written relates to what appears on the screen and how that relates to how the audience is presented new information. There were many things in the screenplay that I simply didn't notice in the movie until I watched it again. Despite the fact that screenplays leave generous amounts of detail up to the director and others working on the set, reading this presented a much more vibrant picture of what was actually going on in the movie. I would definitely recommend that anyone who is interested in cinematography read the screenplay of their favorite movies.

No comments :

Post a Comment