Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Michigan Sucks

Today I went downtown looking for a job. I owe Baker College $2,500, which wasn't my fault. Well, I'll take partial credit for not knowing all of the many financial aid stipulations. I want to go to another college (any other college) and they won't send my transcript until I pay them. I'm also paying off my student loan, at least my parents are, and they're starting to get impatient. It's not like I haven't been looking for a job or anything, it's just that I can't find one.

Two of the places I went in today were going out of business. Many of the others weren't hiring because they already had more than enough employees. The only places that I ended up applying at were places that never turn down applications, but they never hire anyone and just keep it on file. I applied at a pizza place that was actually hiring, but I was tired and kind of nervous when I filled out the application, so I made some mistakes and had to scribble some things out, so I don't know if they're going to think I'm a sloppy person or what.

I hate not having a job because I'm constantly told that I sit around the house all day and do nothing. I have a friend named Sarah who has the same problem, even though she has two jobs. Two jobs, and her parents still aren't satisfied. Actually, come to think of it, I have two friends named Sarah with this problem. Anyway, I feel like I should be doing more to find a job, but I don't know what it is. I mean, what else can I do? I don't have a driver's license and even if I did, I can't afford a car, so I'm stuck here in town.

And on top of feeling lousy for not having a job, it turns out my best friend Bob is dying from feline lukemia (yes it's my cat). In case you don't know, feline lukemia does the same thing to cats that HIV does to people. Now I feel bad because I never paid enough attention to him. I didn't ignore him or anything, I just haven't played whit him since he was a kitten, and I always wanted him to be an indoor cat, and now he's got this virus from some stray cat in the neighborhood. So I guess it's kind of my fault. I feel so bad for him right now.

But on the bright side of my life, uh, wait. I have nothing. I'm usually really good at ending everything with a bright note, but I can't think of any right now. I've been spending a lot of time with a special someone, which is great. And he always makes me feel better, but today I kind of insulted him for voting for Bush. I didn't mean anything by it, and I feel really bad. Oh, and I got a new fan for my computer, which I needed desperately. Anyway, I'm going to bed so I can get up early. I don't remember why, but I might in the morning.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous19/4/06 11:36

    I'm so sorry about Bob, Rich. I really am. I feel horrible about it. :(

    Don't worry about the Bush thing. I just get a little touchy when people (anybody) picks on the fact that I'm (moderately) conservative.

    Hope the fan's working okay for you!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad Jason. It's not your fault.

    ReplyDelete