Saturday, April 22, 2006

Urgh...

Bob died yesterday. I knew it was going to happen, and I prepared for it, but I had to actually watch him die. I couldn't do anything for him, and he suffered for the longest time. I thought he was going to die in hi sleep or something. I wish he would have died in his sleep. That way he would have at least been happy.

The worst part was when he tried to stand, then looked at me and meowed in a way that said 'help me.' He clawed his way out of my room where he was sleeping to get my attention so I could help, but I couldn't do anything. I just had to watch him die. He must have been wondering why I was just sitting there and not helping him like I always do. He must hate me right now. I would too.

I remember this one time I was playing with him on the kitchen table. He was always a feisty cat and wanted to fight. So I was playing with him pretty rough and he bit me hard. I raised my hand to hit him, and he flinched because he was scared. I never actually hit Bob and I don't know why I raised my hand to him, but I'm afraid he thinks I don't love him. And now he's gone and I can't do anything about it.

I remember this other time Bob caught a bird in our backyard. It was dark out, so someone let him in without seeing him, which was pretty common. I was on my computer in the dining room and I heard Bob run past, but I didn't look. Anyway, Bob took the bird in my Parents who were sleeping, but the bird was still alive. It started squawking and making all sorts of weird noises and my parents thought Bob got our bird, Lara. So they went around looking for Lara until I pointed out she was in her cage. Then my dad found the bird Bob caught and took it back outside. It was so funny, but I guess you had to be there.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous22/4/06 08:17

    I'm so sorry about Bob. :( I know how much you loved him and I know he loved you too.

    We've had to smack a bit of sense into Simba, because he's far too feisty. Good kitties don't draw blood. :P Sometimes, you just have to show them who's boss, you know? But, you didn't even hit Bob. I'm sure he loved you very much. He was always schmoozing you.

    ReplyDelete