Saturday, April 29, 2006

Three Easy Payments and One Fucking Complicated One

I ran into my old neighbor today - the one who told me about the job opening where she works. She offered to drive me there every day because I don't drive and all, but I would feel kind of weird depending on her. But I do really need the money. It's a lawn cutting job, which is pretty tough, being out in the sun all day, but I've been told I can get up to 12 hours a day, five days a week. I'm thinking that would turn out to be a pretty big check, but I don't know what my hourly wage will be or if I'll get paid by job or what. I really need the money, so I think I'll do it anyway, even though I'll have no way of getting there and back and all. (my neighbor can take me there, but I don't know if she can take me home)

Today I also tried getting some footage of my Sony brand camcorder, but I had to give up. The thing is that it's a DVD HandycCam and I lost the software CD that comes with it, so I don't have a working driver or the software that lets you access and convert the video. I almost got something to work under Linux (I was using Windows because the camera is designed to work with it) , but then I did something wrong and can no longer mount the drive which really sucks. Sony doesn't offer as much as a driver at their site, and Pixela wants $45, which I don't have, for their lousy software, so I'm stuck with a $1,200 paperweight until I figure something out.

I saw the coolest thing thing from Stepone Studios today. I was watching Episode 5 and one of the guys (I think it was Danny) made a computer case from zip ties, two sheets of plexiglass, and four bolts. It was an open air design, so there was really no need for any fans. This would totally solve my problem. I would do it, but I don't know where to get plexiglass or four big enough bolts. In the video Danny said you could hang the computer on the wall, but I don't think I would. I'd keep it on my desk, but I might move it to the top to give my monitor come space to breathe, not that it really needs it or anything.

Oh and I got Mitch Hedberg's "Strategic Grill Locations" CD today. I like Mitch. He was a great comedian. He still is, but he used to be too. (That was one of his jokes if you don't know - "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to to") I like listening to Mitch because he always makes me laugh. He's just so mellow and everything. There's something about how he presents his jokes that's just really great. It's too bad he died a few years back. Now I'll never get to see him in concert. Maybe one day I'll meet him in some sort of an afterlife or something. I don't really know.

1 comment :