Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pictures and Pirates and Projects, Oh My

I've been pretty busy lately. Yesterday I set up a myspace page so I could IM one of my friends, but it eventually turned out the IM function was down, so I had to send him an email instead. But I decided to set up a profile anyway, because I was bored. Within the first two hours I already had four friends (people I actually know - I didn't ask many people). It didn't seem like that many to me, but Jason thought it was a lot. I'm new to the whole social network things, so I don't know. I'm really enjoying my time on myspace because I got a chance to chat with some old friends and reunited with this girl I knew in high school. She's really fun to talk to.

I've also decided to upload some photos to flickr because all my friends are doing it and I had to upload my blog's profile photo there anyway. I haven't started yet, but I will very soon. Anyway, I was looking around at my friends photos and Joe had this picture of my dad that I found really disturbing. Not the picture itself, just the fact that he took it. But they used to work together, so I guess it's okay. My other friend, Jake became a photographer and he has some really cool pictures up. You can check it out here: http://www.myspace.com/thephotoblock. All the time I knew him I never knew he was interested in photography, which is weird.

I've decided to get a new case for my HP. I was going to buy one, but the semi-good ones are expensive as hell, so I'm going to take Jason's old one. I'll have to mod it so my hardware fits, but I think I can do it. I know I can do it, I just think I can do it with the tools I have. I'm pretty excited though because I've always wanted to mod a case, and now I have the chance. I used to watch The Screen Savers on TechTV back when those two things existed. There was a guy named Yoshi who could some of the most amazing things with to a case. I miss him and want to meet him in person and thank him for being so great. He's been "working" on a website for years, but has nothing up right now.

I've been working on a movie idea, too. I call it "Pirates of the Great Lakes" for lack of a better working title. It's going to be an action filled movie about software pirates set in a small town in Michigan. The problem is going to be making software piracy exciting. If you were wondering I'm pro piracy in the sense that good software is too damn expensive and people should be able to try it before they buy it. (more than just a demo version) I'm also an advocate of Linux and open source software, so I think I'll focus more on video games and music than commercial software. It's going to be great and I know I'll be interested enough in the project to actually finish it. Look forward to seeing it online sometime within the next five years. (seriously)


UPDATE: My Flickr page is now up if you want to take a look.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous27/4/06 13:57

    Woohoo, sounds like your creativity is flowing! Can't wait to hear more about your idea. :)

    XOXO,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete