Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Blog Functions Cannot be Guaranteed

I'm going to upgrade the SD card in my digital camera. 208 MB (spread across 3 cards) just isn't enough to capture enough pictures at the highest resolution. Sure, if I use a smaller size I can take more than 100 pictures, but I paid for 4 mega-pixels and that's what I want to shoot. The problem is that I don't know how large of a card my camera will support. The book says this:

This camera has been tested with memory cards up to 2 GB. All memory card functions cannot be guaranteed.

What the fuck does that mean? Will the card work or not? Ugh, it's so frustrating. I contacted Canon tech support a few hours ago with the hopes that they can answer my question. I just hope they don't think I'm stupid or anything.

Oh, I just checked my inbox and Canon got back to me an hour ago. I'd say a response time of 4 hours and 2 minutes is pretty damn good. It turns out that the 2 GB card will work with my camera, as long as it adheres to the strict SD standards (I assume it will...) and is formatted in FAT16 (which I already learned). I'm pretty excited because SD cards on newegg are pretty cheap. I can get a 1 GB card for as little as $22 (including shipping) or a 2 GB for as little as $34. I'd go for a 4 GB, but they start at $85 and that's a little bit over my budget.

No comments :

Post a Comment