Thursday, September 14, 2006

MMM, Donuts.

So my mom called me fat today. For any of you who have ever seen her, you'll be laughing with me here. The story is as follows: I had no clean clothes and I had to go to the store, so I put on my old pair of khakis. I walk out of the bathroom and say, "these are pretty tight." Immediately my mom says, "It's because you're putting on weight and are inactive. You should really watch your starches."

Now, I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not as thin as I was when I bought those khakis, but I'm by no means fat. I have a little bit of a gut, but that's all. And I'm not inactive. I walk for at least an hour every day just to get out of the house and listen to some music or podcasts. Yesterday I walked out to the park about 2.5 miles north of my house and I took the long way back. (I walked on the shoulder of M-29) I was gone for damn near 3 hours. But I'm extremely inactive.

I'll also admit that I spend more time in front of a computer than anything else. That's what I do. I'm not staring at the TV for hours on end, watching some ignorant show, like my mom does. I'm actually learning things, thanks mostly to wikipedia, and I'm reading and writing. Sure, I watch a few hours of Youtube a day and play the Sims 2 a lot, but I really do need to be entertained once in a while. Besides, in the Sims I'm usually being creative and building a house or something.

The whole event reminded me of an episode of the Simpsons I watched on Youtube last night. Cherry and Terry told Lisa she had a big ass and Homere confirmed it by telling her about how all Simpsons have large asses. He had the best intentions, but Lisa developed an image problem. I felt bad for her because she's really not that fat. She and Bart just have some baby fat left. That's all.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm in a much better mood today. So far at least. My mom's been kind of bitchy all day because my cousin is coming over tomorrow and she wants her to think we have a clean house or something. It's really weird. Anyway, I get to go to a bonfire tomorrow night at Steph's house. I'm pretty excited about that because I really like being around the fire. It's kind of relaxing. And I get to just hang out with some people. That's always good too.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous15/9/06 15:07

    Rich's mom is the Michelin/Marshmallow (wo)man. :shudders:

    Anyway, I hope you have fun at Stephanie's bonfire! I <3 you!

    ReplyDelete