Saturday, March 01, 2008

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

This was the first time I worked Saturday since I started. This is also the first time in a while I worked with new people, which was really awkward because Mary didn't even talk to me this morning and I didn't really get a chance to meet any of the people in other departments. Christina did introduce herself right before the morning huddle, which was nice.

They haven't really been giving me much to do at work recently. I've been getting my work done with 2 hours left and nothing to do. Today all I had to do was clean the guinea pig cage (apparently this is done twice a week) and feed the small animals, birds, and reptiles. That took almost exactly 2 hours. I ended up helping Mary put the new pets on the floor, which I'd never done before but is really easy. Then I did dishes for a while. Then I pulled veggie dishes and did more dishes. Fun stuff.

I'm sick of trying to be someone different for everyone I'm around. I don't want to do it anymore, but don't know if I have much of a choice. I can't just say "Just kidding everyone, this is who I really am," and stop pretending. I really don't know what do to. That's it.

5 comments :

  1. Well, everybody has to work weekends at some point. At least they haven't had you work a double shift. Those suck.

    I'm sick of trying to be someone different for everyone I'm around. ... I can't just say "Just kidding everyone, this is who I really am," and stop pretending.

    I know this doesn't apply to other people, but... The nice thing is, since you're my fiance, you don't need to be someone different. I love you for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sick of trying to be someone different for everyone I'm around. ... I can't just say "Just kidding everyone, this is who I really am," and stop pretending.

    I've decided to do this to you... I'm really a 7 ft 1 african/arab man that likes to endulge in lbs of marshmellows in one sitting..... and now you know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich, that's called role change. As long as you remember and maintain the real you, then it's okay.

    For example, you might be the morose philosopher on this blog, but you're not going to be that in front of a two year old. You're not going to play the gay revolutionary ('s fiancé) in front of your mom. Providing you don't take these roles too seriously, you shouldn't stress out over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the problem. I kind of lost the real me a number of years ago and I don't know how to get it back. My self identity is so diluted that I don't know what parts are me and what parts are what I do for my friends. I'm totally confused and don't know how to get back on track, but I do have friends to help me do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH I'm at work and I'm so bored, I wish there was more comments for me to read!

    We don't have anymore guests that I need to make arrangements for until after spring break and my boss is in Germany for another week still so she can't really assign me lame tasks like inventorying. Pretty much I just dick off on the internet for a few hours.

    On the bright side, I'm going to Florida in a few days, YESS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete