Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Post That's Not Depressing, but Not Really Interesting

I recently started using a service called Goozex to trade games online. The thing that sets it apart from other trading sites is that you don't have to trade one on one. That means you don't have to find someone who's willing to give you what you want for what you have. On Goozex you trade a game to someone for points that can be used to trade for any game from any user. I've already sent out Chrono Cross and Timesplitters (neither of which I really liked), and once the other users get their games and give me feedback I'll have enough points to get the first two games I want to request: Metal Gear Solid 3 and Ratchet and Clank.

I also want to get DDR Extreme (with the originally enclosed dance pad so people can play with me), Frequency, a new copy of FFVIII, Rez, GTA:London 1969 and Vice City Stories, the new Stuntman game, and Resident Evil Outbreak File #2. That's fewer than half of the games I'm offering, almost all of which are requested. After that I haven't decided yet. I want to get some fun group games.

April is the month of Script Frenzy, a screenwriting competition that I planned on participating in, but now that it's time, I just don't have anything to write about. I wanted to do a film adaptation of Catcher ion the Rye and I've been meaning to reread the book, but I didn't get around to it. I don't really have any ideas for new stories either. Bleh.

14 comments :

  1. I know a lot of people that have read 'The Catcher and the Rye' but I have never had the pleasure. This is something that I should probably look into.

    In other news, thanks for the update. Glad to hear that your still breathing and all that. Are you still enjoying work? I'm kitty sitting for my friend while he graduates in a few weeks and I'm really excited for it.

    P: What are we going to do tomorrow Brain?
    B: Same thing we do everyday Pinky.
    P: What's that Brain?
    B: Try to take over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be very upset at anyone who screws up an adaptation of Catcher in the Rye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone can screw up an adaptation of Catcher in the Rye it's me. And Julie, email me your address and I'll send you my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my address now is:

    910 Lakeshore Dr Apt 22
    Houghton, MI 49931

    after May 15th it'll be:

    404 Dodge St
    Houghton, MI 49931

    but I'll be in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you not have a Colorado address?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't found housing yet.... it happens

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always get really excited to see that there is one more comment than before and then when I click it's usually me that wrote the last comment, then I say to myself "shit I'm a dumbass"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do that a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh kay good, I'm glad it's not just me! This is one of the many reasons why I consider you to be my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you mean nothing interesting ever happens to you? Were you on Gratiot today? Didn't you narrowly miss being killed by 3 cars and a school bus? (being within a few miles within 24 hrs counts as narrowly in this story).

    See how full and interesting your life can be if you just embellish the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I walked home today and got blisters on my feet... does that count as exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in Michigan... this is April... WHY DID IT SNOW 10 INCHES TODAY!?!?!?!?!?!? Plus 12 mph winds with 20 mph wind gusts

    class wasn't cancelled =(

    other than that, today has been a great day =)

    Updates from anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was almost on a tornado last night. And I don't know what to blog about that won't bore or upset people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tornados are exciting! I don't know what you should blog about either... maybe you should search 'good blog topics' on the internets. jk

    ReplyDelete