Friday, July 19, 2013

Goings On

I've got a lot on my plate right now between work, school, and my personal goals.

Work has been interesting lately. We're down a few people. A lot of people. And a few managers. A lot of people are leaving for one reason or another, and I keep getting more work piled on top of me. It's nothing I can't handle, but it does put me in a position where I have more to do than time usually permits and I have to choose what doesn't get done. The people who work in my department right now are great, but there are only four of us, so I've been getting stuck working long hours in the middle of the day. I guess that's what I get for agreeing to full time status, but it doesn't make it any more pleasant.

Being generally antisocial, I prefer to take my classes online even though it usually costs significantly more money. This semester I'm taking three of my classes online and one class on campus on Saturdays. Online I'm taking Intro Web Programming (it's been a while since I've written any HTML or CSS and I'm not familiar with HTML 5) and Nutrition (to fulfill my Phys Ed class) during the first 8 weeks and a basic C++ class during the second 8 weeks. I was leery about taking a six-hour Photoshop class once a week, but I'm gambling on getting the same instructor that I had for my inDesign class because she was really strict and I liked the way she taught the class.

I spend the bulk of my off days cutting my parents' lawn and doing minor repairs to their dilapidated house or hanging out at Rose and Sean's condo. I should be reading and working on my ActionScript more, but I just haven't been able to find the motivation. I picked up a really interesting book called Uncertainty in Games and another simply called Designing Games that I've been trying to read in my down time, but more and more of my down time is being consumed by catching up on sleep that I never seem to get enough of. I do have three days off starting Sunday, so I'll see what I can do.

No comments :

Post a Comment