Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Yes.

Things have been incredibly busy at work. I won't go into too much detail, but we are down two managers, sometimes three. The company has also been cutting hours since full time status has been lowered to 30 hours. A few new people have been hired, and while all of the part time people have been getting fewer than 20 hours, our store is somehow always short staffed. I've been under a lot of stress and pressure to do a lot more things than my job normally consists of, so I've been coming home beyond exhausted.

Jason and I have been saving up to buy a condo in the area. We looked at one last month, then met with a mortgage broker to find out how much it would actually cost to buy something and to get pre-approved for a loan. We got approved for more than we actually plan on spending, but with the way the housing market has been improving and considering that condos are a hot commodity right now (prices have more than doubled since this time last year), we may end up spending more than we had originally intended. Even so, I guess it's a decent investment and we can find a way to make money out of it.

Despite taking low level classes, I've been enjoying school. I learned a lot about design from an InDesign class, and have been really liking my astronomy classes. I plan on taking some chemistry classes in addition to my required Photoshop and programming classes. I've also been reading a lot of game design books and have a long list of books I plan on buying when I have money again.

All in all, I've been extremely busy and getting run down very quickly.

No comments :

Post a Comment