Monday, May 01, 2006

Myspace Stole my Soul!

Today I went looking for the place I was going to apply the other day. I was going to go on Saturday, but I wanted to wait until after the weekend. I drove down the road it’s on six times and I couldn’t find it, so I looked up the address on the Internet. The address led me to the owner’s home, but not to the business. Then I went looking for my neighbor who told me about the job and when I found out she wasn’t home I gave her husband my number. I asked him where she worked and he kind of vaguely described a silver building.

A few hours later he called back and gave me the number where my neighbor could be reached. I called her immediately and told her I couldn’t find the place. She told me it has a large sign out front that clearly stated the name of the business. It’s a lie. The sign out front says “Foxfire Farms.” She works at a place called ABC Bees Wasps and Spiders. No one told me this damn place was inside the gates of Foxfire. They all told me how far it is to this road and how close it is to this one. I could not get an accurate description from anyone.

Needless to say I didn’t end up applying for the job yet, but I’m going to fill out an application tomorrow, if I can find the right building. The owner won’t be in until Thursday, and there’s no guarantee I’ll be hired, so I am at this point still unemployed. I don’t even know if I want this job, either. I need the money, but I get tired mowing my tiny little lawn so how can I do it all day? For up to 12 hours a day? But I’ll give it a try. I could probably use the exercise anyway.

I got all the parts in my case today with only one problem. My old case didn’t come with raisers for the motherboard; there were little mounds formed in the case that did the same thing. I went to Radio Shack to find some, but they had none. Apparently however, there was a guy hocking computer parts there, but I didn’t feel like hunting him down. I ended up taking the raisers from the compute in my room, so now all I have is my family computer. It’s nice to have my own computer and some privacy, but at least I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Myspace is the devil. (along with Bill Gates and my mom of course)But it's nice to see some of my friends.

No comments :

Post a Comment