Sunday, May 07, 2006

I got my computer put back together and it doesn't crash. As much. I'm not blaming it on airflow anymore because there are now a total of seven fans in the computer. (front, back, power supply, video card, CPU, and two on the side) Now I'm thinking it's a power supply problem again. I ruled it out earlier because I switched out the unit, but I might need a more powerful one. I'm looking at one on newegg for $70. That's the cheapest that one that would suit my needs, but it doesn't have PFC (power factor conditioning), which some sources say is an absolute requirement. It did get three good reviews, though.

After that, I want to get more RAM. I have 512, but a gig would be better. 2 gigs would be great, but I'm not sure my motherboard would support that. Then I want to get a faster CPU because Jason has a 2.53 and I only have a 2.08. But it's an AMD 2800+ and is supposed to effectively run at about 2.8 Ghz for some reason. Then I need a DVD burner if I ever want to really get into filmmaking. VHS just doesn't cut it. Then I want a 10,000 RPM hard drive, but I think I'd have to get a mobo that supports SATA first, and then I'd need to replace all my drives.

But I don't have the money to get all those things because I'm still unemployed. I filled out that application on Tuesday and Al still hasn't called me. I don't if he got it or not, but I don't want to fuck around with it anymore. I'm sick of being jerked around like this. If there is a job in a place I know the location to, I'll take it. There was a help wanted sign in a cafe across town the other day, but I wanted to see if I would get this job first. The sign is gone now, and I'm screwed because instead of having one of two potential jobs, I have none.

And it's getting harder than ever to live with my parents. This house is filled with nothing but hate and anger and it's all directed toward me. It's like a laser beam focused directly at my forehead. And I don't even know why. If I did something wrong, I wish someone would tell me because I'm really sorry for it. But I've been trying not to let things like that get to me. It's not really working, so I just stay locked up in my room until everyone is gone. Then I feel worse because it reminds me that the only person I really ever talk to is Jason. I talk to my other friends on myspace and all, but I never really see any of them.

But I have been working on my computers recently and I've decided to set up a file server. I have a 166 just sitting there that I think could get the job done. I know 166 may not seem like a lot, but I'll only be sharing files with 3 other computers, and probably not that often. I'm installing Linux on it right now and then I'm going to learn how Samba works. Then I'll never have a reason to leave my room at all. Unless I want to play SimCity or something like that. Hmm, I also want to get a NIC for my PS2 because I've heard of people doing some really cool things with it.

No comments :

Post a Comment