Thursday, May 18, 2006

Unlucky Number 13

Ahh, after not having Internet access for three days, I can finally get some work done. I'm currently in the process of producing a romance story and I need to be able to communicate with my potential cast and crew. Which is why I panicked when my router wouldn't connect to my ISP. It turns out they really were down because of a storm, and that my dad had paid the bill. I was told it would come back up yesterday afternoon, but it didn't so I got nervous. I thought I'd never have access again. It turned out my password somehow got lost. I didn't write it down, and I didn't change it, but somehow, it was wrong. It was still entered into the settings, but it just wasn't the right password. After battling the ISP support monstrosity for an hour, I finally got the password reset and on the Internet.

After that, I had kind of a slow start. I listened t a few podcasts I missed and IMed a friend until early afternoon. (talking a bit about the movie) Then I had some business to take care of, so I left my computer for four hours. But when I came back, I finished my script, buttered up some potential cast and crew, got some details taken care of, and passed on the script for further revision. I even got to watch the newest episode of systm. It was about the Maker Fair in California and it rekindled my interest in hardware hacking and electronics. I even had time to make an entry in my blog. And to visit some other peoples' blogs.

But I'm a bit worried about scheduling my movie. There are only six actors total, possibly including me. Even though it may seem easy to say 'okay, let's film this day,' it's not. This is where my first movie fell apart. That and people kept dropping out. I hope I can get it right this time. I also have a lot of locations. I need four house sets. I figured I could rearrange furniture and use only two locations, but it's going to be sketchy. I also want to include as many people as I can, but some people aren't sure if they want to participate or not. I was just talking to someone this morning who can't decide what she wants to do, but she definitely wants to be a part of it.

I want to get some more equipment too. First, a clapboard would be kind of cool to have. I looked it up on ebay and saw some for as little as $4, but I don't have an ebay account. Of course, I'm going to need a DVD burner. People all want copies of something that's not even done yet, and VHS tapes are expensive (at least relatively), they record slowly, and they take up too much damn space. I understand some people don't have DVD players. I'll fire up my VCR for them, but no one else. I also need some more mini DVDs. But I have enough for now. The first thing I want to get though, is a set of wireless lapel microphones. They're pretty expensive, so I could do with a boom mic or even a shotgun mic. Thank Sony for the versatility of the accessory shoe.

Most importantly I want people to have fun. I don't make movies for profit. I do it because I'm bored and have no better way to use my time. I also like entertaining people, and I love attention. But it's mostly to have fun. That's why it bugs me that I'm making people nervous about filming. I don't know what to say to make them just have fun. If they're not having fun, I'm not having fun. And if I'm not having fun, why am I making this movie?

No comments :

Post a Comment