Thursday, May 25, 2006

Schrodinger's Kittens (and the search for reality)

I've been trying all day to get KNOPPIX to boot on the computer in my bedroom. My friend Joe has been having problems with his D-Link wifi card and KNOPPIX worked for him, so I thought I'd try it. I downloaded and burned the ISO last night and went to sleep. This morning I popped the CD-RW in, but it wouldn't boot. I checked the BIOS setting and it was fine. I couldn't find a bootdisk on the CD or the Internet, so I downloaded a program called SmartBoot and installed it to a floppy. The next problem was that SmartBoot won't work with my USB keyboard, and my motherboard won't work with a normal PS/2 keyboard so I had to hunt through all my boxes for my serial keyboard. It only took an hour, but I finally found it. After all that work, the CD still wouldn't work. I should have known, I need to burn KNOPPIX to a CD-R before this computer will boot it, but I don't have the cash to go out and get some.

We had to adopt those kittens I found behind my garage. The mother cat died and they would have starved. We've been feeding them milk from the pet store and keeping them in my warm room at night. I don't want any more animals. They're all just going to die anyway, and if I don't get attached I'll still feel bad, just not as bad. They are kind of cute and I do like cats, I just don't want any more. I may keep the little white one I named Copenhagen, though. Yes I named them. Copenhagen, Schrodinger, Steve, and Doug, all after physicists, except for Doug who is named after Douglas Adams.

I rewrote my script last night. I got bored, so I just did it. I got tired of waiting for people to send me in their revisions, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling and ditch some of the lousy dialogue. I talked to Marie (the leading lady) today and by the sound of it, she wants to butcher the whole thing and change everything but the premise, which somehow managed to stay firmly in place. I don't really have a problem with that. This is a group effort and I'm not going to prevent people from participating. People have really been helpful recently and I appreciate it a lot.

I also talked to Amanda today. It started out as a normal conversation, until I mentioned watching Advent Children today. She started talking about how all the guys in the movie are hot and she likes Kadaj the best and all that kind of stuff. Then she asked me who I preferred (I came out to her a few weeks ago). I didn't want to answer because it made me feel weird, but she made me. It just makes me uncomfortable talking to anyone about guys. I don't even talk to Jason about guys, mostly because we're together and I don't have any reason to look at other guys. I love Jason. Everyone may get tired of hearing it, but I never get tired of saying it. I love Jason.

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous25/5/06 23:29

    I love you too, Rich. And it's sweet that you don't look @ other guys because of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25/5/06 23:29

    BTW...was it Cloud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those comments don't count because I made you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And no, it wasn't Cloud.

    ReplyDelete