Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day is Stupid!

Mother's Day is the dumbest holiday ever. It's dumber than Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, Cinco De Mayo, Thanksgiving, and all those presidents' birthdays. Why should I drive around all night buying my mom a gift that's supposed to thank her for all she's done for me? Why should I be grateful that she makes me hate myself and want to die? Why should I thank her for 20 years of emotional abuse and hurt feelings? Why do I have to thank her for trying to turn me into someone I'm not and never will be?

Today my dad and I took her out to Big Boy for the morning buffet. I didn't feel particularly good and wanted to go back to bed, but I went to lunch anyway. The food was horrible and nothing had any flavor at all, not even the macaroni and cheese. How do you screw up fucking macaroni and cheese? But that's not the worst of it. My dad gave my mom a necklace. It was a nice expensive necklace, not a cheap one from Kmart or something. She said she liked it and she wore it to church and all, but in the middle of the meal she asked what kind of stone it was. When she found out it was an opal she was pissed.

Apparently, opals are bad luck and my dad is a horrible person for not knowing and blah blah blah. She wanted mother of pearl and she never wore an opal in her life. While she was making her little scene I saw some people I know. A friend or two and this guy I used to know in high school. Needless to say, I was embarrassed and I'm never going anywhere with her again. Oh, and I guess I'm not supposed to drink coffee because only 'adults' do it. I really hate her.

Now Valentines Day is a great holiday. It gives us a chance to be with the person we love and just be together. We get to eat candy too, which is never a bad thing. I wish it was Valentines Day right now because it would give me an excuse to be with Jason all day instead of just the nighttime hours (he goes home in the early morning). Not that there's anything wrong with him coming over after work, I just miss him so much. I know if he was here he would make all my problems and disappointments go away and I would be having a great day.

2 comments :

  1. I'm NOT trying to make you feel bad, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15/5/06 13:12

    I know you're not, Rich. I miss and love you, too. And I'm sorry your mom is such a b*tch. :|

    ReplyDelete