Monday, August 21, 2006

What Have I Done?

I haven't blogged in a few days because I feel horrible. I did something extremely stupid last Thursday, which I'll regret for the rest of my life. I came out to my mom. Don't ask me why. I guess I just got tired of pretending I'm something I'm not, and I though it would give me someone to talk to when there's no one else. Boy, was I wrong.

Today I found out that she's not going to church anymore. Guess why. Ever since I told her I've felt absolutely horrible. And I feel really strange just being around. She's still occasionally making comments (in front of my dad). Somehow I feel like I've ruined her life or something. I don't know exactly how I feel. I just know I want to get out of this house more than ever. I need a job and I need to move.

That's another thing that's getting me down. All of my friends have jobs, some of them even have two. A lot of my friends are out on their own, moving on with their lives. Stephanie is going to attend Tennessee University, which is really cool and a great opportunity, but it means she won't be coming back to Michigan for a while. Jason, of course is going to New York for a few weeks, which is also a really good opportunity, and I'm really glad for him, but I'm terrified of being alone.

In other news I finally got GAIM to work on my computer. I was going to show my mom how to use Yahoo! Messenger and the software didn't work. But the good news is that I got it to work (along with my AIM account) using my existing Yahoo user account under AIM. I don't know why I'm so excited about this. I just needed something to get all worked up about in a good way.

I haven't done anything constructive for about a week. I need to finish working on that short that I started so long ago. I need to write something new to make. I need to do something. I gave up on the podcast yet again, and I can't think of a single thing I actually want to do. I just know that I need to do something because I feel so lazy and worthless right now.

5 comments :

  1. Dear lord. You're still feeling the aftermath? I am definitely going to need to sell a few books before I make /my/ little announcement, because when that happens with my parents, I need to live in a different state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love you!! You're welcome to come visit me anytime, but you're on your own on finding a way up here. Hope things get chipper cheery soon. See you at Thanksgiving, I'm getting teeth pulled, YAY!!! =(

    And believe me, having zero jobs is much less stressful than having two, and I haven't even officially started either of mine, I'm still in training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous22/8/06 14:16

    Rich, don't forget that you always have somebody there who loves you very much and is willing to listen you *anytime*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous22/8/06 15:47

    Rich I love you too AND you can also come stay with me whenever (like julier you will need a ride though) We have an extra bedroom that the guests can stay in so anytime just call me. And I need to find a job also. But just wanted to say I <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous23/8/06 12:37

    Things will come together. It's just a matter of time and effort. Good luck in finding something that works for you, Rich. I hope things get better for your mom and you, too. She might just be shocked, and will get over it. I dunno your mom so it's hard to say, but I do know, as a mom, that it's hard to not accept your child no matter what the circumstances. She might just need time to get used to things. ^_^

    ReplyDelete