Saturday, April 07, 2007

How I Ruined Easter

I don't have any money because I don't have a job. I can 't buy people Easter gifts because I don't have any money because I don't have a job. My mom bought something for me to give to her because I can't buy anything because I don't have any money because I don't have a job. But tonight, she took it back to give to someone else. Anyone else would just say "Okay, now I just can't give you anything for Easter." But not me.

My mom turns all these crappy religious holidays into greed infested balls of horror. She's been walking around the house saying "I sure hope somebody buys me something for Easter," which I assumed was directed at my aunt because when she says things like "Not eating the last donut is bullshit," which is directed at my aunt. The whole time, she could have told me to buy her something or at least told me she was going to take that stupid gift back. Now it's 10PM the day before Easter and I need to buy a nice gift with $10 before tomorrow at noon.

If I don't buy her something she'll be mad for at least a month. Probably more. She'll accuse me of ruining Easter just like every other holiday. I really hope she didn't buy me anything because then I'll really hear about it. Isn't Easter about Jesus or something? How is it suddenly about presents? My dad bought her a VCR/DVD player for her TV in the kitchen (which is WAY better than the one I bought them) and I know she's expecting something nice from me.

I never should have bought her all that stuff I did for Christmas. I should have spent about $50 total (except maybe on Jason) and put all the rest toward my student loan. Then I would have the money to pay for my mistakes and I wouldn't have set such high standards. So i guess, in a way, it is my fault for ruining Easter. Again.

5 comments :

  1. I think it's weird to get presents for Easter. I don't mind when people get a little bit of candy, maybe even a big chocolate bunny, but I don't understand going all out like it's christmas.... perhaps because I'm not christian so I don't understand these things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Christian and don't understand giving Easter gifts (beyond candy).

    My favorite gifts from my children (for my birthday, mother's day, or christmas) are things that tell me more about who they are at that moment in time. Julie gave me a little jar with pieces of paper that each start with "I love my mom..." (well, some of the papers were a puzzle that I never put together). I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. w.e, you totally gave us presents one year, but then we we confused and kept asking "why did you get THIS for me?.."

    Katie = Eye Lash Curler
    Heidi = Foot Scraper
    Me = Eye Shadow

    I guess we didn't appreciate it enough because that was the only year you gave us presents... ha ha, were bitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure that it's you ruining easter? Seriously?
    Besides, the whole point of the holiday is to be sad about being a sinner and stuff. Aren't you an atheist anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the point of Easter was to celebrate Jesus returning from the dead like in that Movie with Milla Jovovich and Eric Mabius. And yes, I'm an atheist but it's still traumatic to hear about how you ruin every holiday.

    ReplyDelete