Sunday, April 01, 2007

Yet Another Driving Disaster

I know I complain a lot that I don't like driving and that I feel uncomfortablle behind the wheel of a car, but today I did something horrible. I went out driving like any other day and it went great. I did all the turns fine, I didn't speed, and I didn't hit anyone. ANYONE. But that's not to say that I didn't hit anything...

house.jpg


I was pulling into our driveway, which is fairly long so I take it at some speed. Not 40 or anything, just not 5. I normally don't have a problem with it because it's just a simple straight shot. But today something terrible happened. A little black cat ran out in front of the car and I didn't know what to do. I swerved away from it, and unfortunately toward the house. I hit the house and left a hole. A hole!

Oh God, I feel like such an ass. I don't know what to do. My mom is convinced that it's the landlord's responsibility to fix, but it's really not. I'm the one who made the whole, and I'm the one who needs to fix it. It's times like these that I kind of wish I was dead. My mom keeps screaming it me and acting like I did it on purpose, which I didn't!

But hey, the cat is okay, and I have my health. And as you can see, the car is just fine.

Ma's Car

APRIL FOOLS! There's not really a hole in my wall and that photo is from flickr.

8 comments :

  1. Anonymous2/4/07 02:39

    I just honestly dont know what to say. I will help fix it as soon as I get home it wont be that long away. I can also ask Mike to help (my cousin) He is really good at stuff like that. Damn.... that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Mike the guy who's convinced I have a thing for you? But if he'll help for free (or for free beer) I guess I could wait until you get home. What is it, 9 days now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/4/07 12:25

    Yes lol that is him I will call him right now. I will convince him to do it. As long as he can. I mean I will tell you later why he might not be able to do it but if he can I will make him. and yeah its like 13 days away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. When do you get your computer back?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erm, it was an april fools day joke yeah? The comment from 's' has thrown me a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it was a joke. Steph lives far away, so she didn't get to see that there wasn't really a hole. She actually did tell her family, which I thought was hilarious. But she didn't think so.

    Sorry Steph. Don't hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To clarify: The last line is an addition I added the next afternoon. I also posted some bulletins on myspace to see if anyone would bait in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg...you so totally got me with this. I completely fell for it, then felt like an ass for being so quick to believe that you were such a shitty driver that you would smash a hole in your house.

    ReplyDelete