Friday, May 18, 2007

The System is Down

Eggdisk, the file host I use for many of my images and misc. files is down! I don't know what happened, but it's completely dead. I can't connect to the server and all of my links are dead. I tried to contact the owner about it, but his email address is hosted at eggdisk.com, so that didn't go too well. He hasn't logged into any of the social networks under the eggdisk profile since January, and the forums are down. I think I need a new host.

I've also noticed that a lot of people around me are having relationship problems. I've seen 3 different couples break up within 4 days of each other. That really got me thinking about my relationship with Jason. I know he loves me and he'd never do anything to hurt me, but I really need to start treating better. He's coming over today, but my family is here, so we have to leave. That's not fair to Jason because it makes him feel like I'm hiding him, which I am, but I really don't want to. It makes me feel so bad, but there's nothing I can do until I get the Hell out of this house.

I applied at AutoZone the other day and I'm kind of excited about that. I'm also nervous because I don't really know that much about cars and yet, I'm look for a job at an automotive store. I don't even drive and people are going to ask me all kinds of questions about cars and whatnot, and I'm going to have no idea what I'm talking about. But I can do it with a smile.

On a similar note, my cousin (the one who's Geo Metro I kind of broke) just got a Chrysler Seabring convertible for free. It's not a bad car and has leather seats and all that too. My only complaint is that the seatbelts are connected to the seats, which seem awfully flimsy. That and the speakers make the entire door panel vibrate, creating an horrible noise. But that can probably be solved by turning the bass down, but that's not my call.

The first rehearsal for After the Beep is in 2 days and I haven't really fufilled my duties as the costume guy. I emailed people and about half of them got back to me, but a lot of them don't have the full costume they need and it's kind of my job to find it. So now I need to figure out where to get a red hat for the pizza guy (an easy one) and a camouflage shirt (probably at the army surplus store or something). But I think I have it all under control for now. I'll talk to all of the actors when I get there and see where we stand. Also, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I'm going to bring my PDA to keep organized. I guess I just forgot I had it since I usually use it as an ebook reader.

5 comments :

  1. Anonymous18/5/07 19:00

    Are you kidding me? You treat me very well. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I treat you okay, but it's still not fair that I have to hide you under the carpet (or in the closet) when people are around. It's demeaning and humiliating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but you can draw upon your experiences when you start writing zany sex comedies (please, don't. We have enough of those).

    Glad to see a spark of optimism, by the way. Oh, and I find that the best tactic for getting hired is to apply for everything, even if I know nothing about it or would rather die than work there (exhibit a: McD's).

    ReplyDelete
  4. McDonald's won't even hire me. It's really bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats wrong with McDonals, ??? looking confused around...

    Good luck to you rich, and jason dont leave him :)

    regarding your file host try www.updownloading.com

    Best regards to you all...

    From a former McDonald's slave :)

    ReplyDelete