Wednesday, May 09, 2007

All My Titles Suck

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I've just been feeling kind of lousy. I'm afraid to say anything because I don't want people to get bored of me or up and leave, so I usually just pretend everything is all fine. But it's not. I struggle every day not to hate myself and every time I make any amount of progress someone comes and knocks me back down. I'm drowning and there's no one here to save me. Jason is going through a similar struggle and it's unfair to ask him to keep us both up.

Apparently my mom's family talks about me behind my back, which is fine. I don't really care what a bunch of white trash pricks say. But my mom does care and she's sick of defending me when "other people are right." She started screaming at me the other day, I'm still not sure why, and it always seems to come back to my relationship with Jason. She said something like "You can move far away and then no one will ever have to know," which made me feel pretty bad. Like I should hide myself from the world because I live around a bunch of assholes.

I haven't felt like doing anything since the last time I blogged, so I let a lot of things slide. I haven't written anything in the 2 weeks and I haven't done what I need to do. I did go to a production meeting for that movie and somehow I got promoted from a PA to costumes, which was kind of discouraging. It's a lot of responsibility and I don't know if I can do it because I have to deal with people that I don't know. But I guess now I have to.

I missed blogging about Jason and my 2nd year anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long already. We couldn't afford to get each other anything, so I kind of relaxed about that, but Jason got me a card (actually it was a birthday card with birthday crossed out, but the theme did center around 'it made sense when i bought it'). I felt bad because I didn't even think to get him one. We went up to Cheap Charlie's and Jason got the most disgusting, vile, raw steak ever and I got (cooked) steak and ribs. I can't really say that I enjoyed the ribs that much, but the steak was pretty good.

Yesterday I was walking around town and there's a guy I always see riding around town in a wheelchair. I smiled and said hi and he extended his hand and so did I. I should have just kept walking and acted like I couldn't hear him because it turns out he was a Jehovah's Witness and gave me a pamphlet. That was okay though because I didn't have to sit and talk to him or anything.

There was something big at the beginning of the 2 weeks that made me not want to do anything, but I don't remember what it was. It couldn't have been that important or I would have remembered. Either that or my fight the other day really screwed things up.

7 comments :

  1. Grr. That woman makes me so angry. I wish there's something I could say or do something to help.

    I enjoyed our anniversary dinner. It's not about the food, it's the company. :)

    I'm not sure I follow with the similar struggle, though. If it's about the script, I'll live. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last I heard you were on the verge of disliking yourself too. Did that change and you didn't tell me!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't dislike myself. Some people just don't understand/can't take my humor. That's all.

    I'll write a new pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just happened by this post and thought it was an interesting read. Sorry about your troubles with your mom - that whole bit about 'what will the neighbors think' drives me nuts! Take care.

    - Timothy Carter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9/5/07 18:21

    I just wanted to say no matter what you can talk to me. I was in a cranky mood today. So I didnt want to say much. If you need anything you can call me. You got my number! Use it sometimes. I hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's totally sweet awesome amazing that you got promoted to costumes, I know you'll do a good job because you are so creative and are always thinking outside of the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creativity doesn't pay in this case. All I have to do is send the actors an email telling them what they need to wear from the list I have. I need to do it today because I've been putting it off way too long.

    ReplyDelete