Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Hate You, Dell.

Dell Adapters

I've been having some problems with my Dell Latitude lately. The power adapter that first came with it had a short just before the piece that plugs into the computer. It slowly died for about a month, working on and off the whole time. That kind of sucked because I really need a computer to do the things I do. That's just how I roll.

Luckily, Jason had a spare adapter from his old Dell. It was a slightly different adapter, but it was the same wattage and it fit my Dell. Kind of. The adapter was designed for a different computer and every time I plugged it into mine, it pushed back the protective plastic sheath just a little bit. At first I didn't notice it, but when the hard plastic plug started coming out of the sheath, it became apparent that there was a problem. I thought if I was just careful with it I could use it for a few more months until I could afford a new one. I was wrong, so now I'm using the 333 until I have the chance to buy a new adapter.

I do have a check for $50 sitting on my TV, but I have no clue how to cash a persona check. I guess I can just go into the bank and find out, but I don't really feel like it today. They close at 5 anyway, and I don't really have a way to get there. I don't know if my ID will be adequate either, because the picture is pretty worn (to the point that it could be a picture of pretty much anyone) and it's a Baker College ID card rather than a state ID or driver's license. I did start both of my accounts with it though, and so far I don't think there have been any problems, not that I actually make any withdrawals or deposits.

I was going to go to Tennessee with Steph, but the van she was going to use broke down, so she left in a different vehicle this morning. It wasn't the short notice that bothered me, but I needed more time to come up with the money to eat on because I used most of it to pay my student loan bill. I would have used the check money to go instead of getting a new adapter because she needed help, but I would have had to cash it this morning. I'll do it eventually, I just don't know when.

6 comments :

  1. Anonymous29/5/07 18:09

    (In typical Rebabe fashion)

    The farmer was IN the Dell? Scandlous. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be mean to the ESL people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like people in other countries don't make fun of Americans for not knowing their language.

    P.S. We're sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Americans are incredibly behind the rest of the world. People from many other countries can fluently speak two languages, but most Americans only speak proper English (if that).

    It's nice to see that schools are starting to teach secondary languages to students in Kindergarten. I wish I had that opportunity when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/6/07 21:23

    Rich Darling,

    I want to buy a new cord for you. Please let me know where to order the one you want.

    ReplyDelete