Monday, October 02, 2006

The Barber is Closed Today!

I received my free (including shipping) Ubuntu CD-ROM toady. I reached into the mailbox and thought "WTF is this?" Then I saw the beautiful Ubuntu font and remembered ordering it several months ago. I was moderately excited even though I got my burned CD to work, and I don't really need the new one. I could pass it along to someone else though. As a bonus the CD came with 4 Ubuntu stickers. That got me excited because I was going to buy some a while back, but didn't really want to spend the money, and I didn't expect them to be there.

Schrodinger and Steve also had a busy day. Today was their first visit to the vet, for tests of all things. They don't have worms, fleas, or any kind of diseases. I was expecting bad news on that front because of how we found them abandoned in our back yard and all. For a few weeks I've been thinking that Schro could be sick because she sleeps a lot, sometimes she seems kind of weak, and she's really skinny. It turns out she's just skinny. The same goes for Steve; he's just a big cat. And here I thought he was unhealthily fat.

But someone I know isn't having such a great day. Stephanie's roomates in Tennessee want her poor little puppy (Raven) to sleep outside. Steph, of course, thinks it's incredibly unfair to make Raven sleep outside because she's still a puppy. It's even more unfair because from what I've heard the roomates have a dog that sleeps inside. That's bullshit because Raven never bothered anyone (too much). I feel bad because Steph is trying to find someone to take care of Raven, and she's lonely because she's away from her friends and family, and now she has to be away from Raven. That's just not fair.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous2/10/06 20:22

    Yeah. Its sad. I have decided though Raven would have more fun at a farm with other animals and she will be able to have little kids to play with. I guess this is just how life works. p.s. the other dog is a tiny one she weighs like 7 lbs and shes full grown thats why shes in the house and Raven is going to be big. Idk life is funny sometimes. But thanks for talking to me.

    ReplyDelete