Friday, November 09, 2007

Unmotivated Aspirations

I've been kind of avoiding blogging for the past few days because I've felt really shitty and I don't want to talk about it. The important think is that I'm okay and I feel better now since I've been hanging out with my friends a lot. I've been able to get one the Internet and talk to people a bit recently. That always makes me feel like I actually belong somewhere. That's especially nice where I come from.

I've been thinking of redesigning my blog and making it a little more colorful (in the literal sense). I'd like to move all my links to a new left sidebar, changing my last.fm to the CD Cover Quilt, getting a better photo, and a flixster app for the right sidebar. I'd still need to keep the content column 500 pixels wide to accommodate the photos I uploaded for archive's sale. That means my blog has to get wider, which will keep people from viewing it properly at low resolutions, but I don't think I mind it that much. I'm thinking of going with a burnt orange color too. What do you guys think?

I also want to get working on a film. I don't have anything particular in mind. Just anything. I think this time I can do better. The problem is that I still can't seem to get my thoughts onto paper. I guess the first thing I could do is start filming the Little Shop of Horrors series and see where that takes me. I have a few other characters I thought of in the past that I'd like to incorporate too. I just don't have the motivation to do it.

That's all I can really think of to talk about right now that wouldn't bore people to death. Have a great day everyone.

5 comments :

  1. I've been in the same mood lately! Maybe I should go on aim more so I can talk to you... that always make me feel better =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I IM you sometimes, but you're always away. Or hiding. It's okay though because I get to leave you messages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your ideas for the new layout.

    And I love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing NaNoWriMo lately, and the method of that is just to write as much as you can without any thought of quality. I didn't know that I had all these ideas, or that I was so clever, until I just let go and regurgitated all of it on paper. I had to suspend my inner perfectionist/editor/BlackHatter, but it was worth it.

    As for the actual film, maybe you can, like, record a family in Sims2 and improvise the dialogue later. Machinima is still all the rage, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My machine is totally not fast enough to record Sims 2 machinima without choking.

    Getting video isn't a problem for me. I've learned a lot from the mistakes I made on my last film and working with a moderately experienced crew over the summer. I'm just trying to figure out which shotgun mic I want to buy and if I trust eBay again.

    ReplyDelete