Tuesday, May 06, 2008

3 Years and Counting

Yesterday was Jason and my third anniversary. I wanted to make it really special, so I did three things. First I took him to Louis' Chophouse on Gratiot just off 23. He got some sort of bright red steak and I got a nice piece of salmon and some rice. We also got a side of coconut shrimp, but I didn't like it at all. The second thing was getting Jason a digital photo frame and putting some pictures of us together (among others) on it. The last thing I did was make some tiramisu and buy a bottle of sweet wine.

The tiramisu didn't turn out well. First, I used too big of a casserole dish, so I ran out of cream cheese half way through. I couldn't find ladyfingers or spongecake, so I ended up getting angel food cake, which didn't absorb the coffee at all, making the bottom layer soggy and the top layer dry. Then I put way too much cocoa powder on it so I had to scrape a bunch off. I didn't really like the wine so much, but Jason did, so it's okay.

I also got some flowers for Steph's birthday. I never bought anything in the garden department before, so it was an interesting experience. I ended up getting two small rectangular planters for the corners of the balcony, a lot of flowers I can't identify and some petunias or something.

That's all I've really been doing since I last blogged. Have a nice day/week/month, everyone.

9 comments :

  1. 3 years went by so quickly!

    Rich, everything you did was incredibly sweet. <3 I love you so much and I'm so lucky to be with you.

    Dinner was excellent (it was prime rib, done medium rare, for those of you wondering what "some sort of bright red steak" is). I love the picture frame, the tiramisu was delicious and the wine was a nice touch. :hiccup:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/5/08 20:29

    Jason is your eyes still blood shot? lol no really I love the flowers and it made me happy since I had a terriable test Thanks a lot *HUG* Oh yeah and Jasons food did look weird, but yours smelled odd. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my eyes are not still blood shot. :P I was terribly tired this afternoon, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was terribly tired at work this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, you guys.

    Testament of the non-stereotype: Two happy, normal gay people in a long term relationship.

    You two are made of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6/5/08 22:03

    I was terribly tired when I got home from school. I think it is because I am just stressed and cranky though so I took a nap haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8/5/08 13:05

    Your DM said he loved you. I know because we talked last night <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really doubt he would have said that. Apparently, my managers don't follow any of the policies and procedures, so they got put on an action plan (which I guess is a step away from being written up). We got new feeding charts and a whole new set of rules I need to remember. I guess the guy didn't say anything about me not being to answer my on time because I was busy with two customers and had my hands around a bag full of water and plastic container full of fish. It was just one of those days, and it doesn't help that I was alone in my department for three hours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm proud of you for attempting to cook. My adventures usually turn out aweful, but I've got to learn somehow.

    ReplyDelete