Thursday, May 29, 2008

The new girl closed last night. As a result I had to do most of her work this morning because people were so busy showing her how to do stuff they left the department a mess. I had to do all the dishes before I fed any of the animals, in addition to doing them after I pull the last of the veggie dishes. It took forever to clean up the mess in the bird habitat, the back room was disorganized, and the turtle still had his lettuce from yesterday morning. It was kind of shitty, but at least it gave me something to do.

I decided that instead of buying a rat (that no one would have been particularly happy with) with my 30% off coupon at work I'm going to pick up a vacuum cleaner. After that I'm going to try to get a new LCD panel for my laptop because the steel snapped a while back and I've been just dealing with it since then, hoping I'd be able to get a new computer soon. I'll probably need a new pair of khakis too, but I'm going to need to draw some cash from the bank the next time I eventually go for that. I'm tired of writing Nelnet a check every month too, so I'm just going to pay it off next month. I know it's just transferring debt, but the funny thing is that both of my credit cards have a lower interest rate than my loan.

I've been thinking of starting up Rich Magazine again, but I don't know where to start. Also, I know once I do start there will be a point when I get bored and just quit.

That's all.

15 comments :

  1. So you're getting an external monitor? That's cool. I might get one. This 14" screen is definitely a hassle when I'm doing more than just browsing the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm just replacing the existing monitor because it's falling off and if I don't do something soon the other side is going to snap. But if that happens, I suppose it would be cheaper to grab an external monitor from my mom's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!! You were going to get a rat! Rats are sweet, idk who talked you out of that one. Although they are more expensive than a pair of khakis

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was mostly Jason. And I could get decent khakis for like $4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you don't have to buy food/things for the khakis... maybe laundry detergent

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think some clothes thrive on food. My mom feeds her shirts all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a different problem, I have to constantly feed my ass so my pants fit. If I don't feed it enough then my pants get too big and I have to go buy more and pants are expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear belts are all the rage now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suspenders are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suspenders?! Jacen, you're going to look like Larry King when you're 60, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know...I did see some pretty nifty suspenders on Clearance at Target last week. But, unfortunately, they didn't match anything I own and I can't afford any more clothes right now. Maybe when I pay off my loan. And all the crap I've been buying on credit because I can't get to the bank to cash my checks. And all the money I owe people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think you can look like Larry King unless you have REALLY high shoulders

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will never be sixty. But on the 39th anniversary of my 21st birthday, it'll probably be the time for a brain transplant.

    I will look sexy.

    ReplyDelete