Saturday, March 17, 2007

There's a Title for this Post, But if I Told You I'd Have to Kill You

Instead of complaining the trapped feeling I occasionally get or the way my mom makes me feel like nothing I do is important, I'm going to complain about the landlord. Sometime early Friday morning our boiler stopped ran dry and stopped circulating heat through the house. I personally didn't notice because the furnace itself worked, so my room was as warm as ever. So we had a guy look at it yesterday.

When we talked to the landlord he insisted on sending in his own guy to 'fix' the already ghetto rigged well beyond anything I've ever seen. So the guy charged us $90, which the landlord waived responsibility of because he's a douche bag and we're waiting for his guy to come in, which is supposed to happen sometime on Monday. Monday. It's 35 degrees in my house and we have elderly people and an exotic bird, but heat can wait for four days. I mean, it's not like we pay our rent or anything. *sarcasm*

So Lara (the bird) is holed up in my room with a space heater and I'm stuck in the living room and kitchen because it's way too hot and crowded in there. Last night I got up to get a drink of water and it took me almost ten minutes to clear a path to the door with all the shit I had to clear off my bed. Then I had a Hell of a time getting back to sleep for the hour before Lara woke me up with her annoying squawking. That's 2 nights in a row I didn't get enough sleep, so I'm pretty grumpy. And FREEZING.

I guess that's what we get for being poor. I guess it could be worse though.

1 comment :

  1. I don't know why, but this made me smile. I'm not laughing at your pain, but rather in a "I know this feeling, because I've experienced it and looking back on it, I laugh"

    ReplyDelete