Saturday, March 24, 2007

Morality for the Modern 'Christian'

I'd like to take this time to give you a little insight into my mom's morality. She's not really bothering me right now...but that could be caused by her absence. I have no idea why she feels like this but I know it has nothing to do with religion. Thank you in advance for your time.

Wrong:

Loving someone of the same sex instead of fucking someone of the opposite sex.

Saying the word 'cancer' while praying.

Not saying 'dear heavenly father' and 'in Jesus name we pray' while saying grace.

Talking to people through an instant messaging application.

Having any belief not identical to hers.

Posting photographs (of any kind) on the Internet.

Taking part in logical discussions.

Having any kind of morals or values.

Being depressed due to any reason.

Taking photographs of yourself that aren't classified as 'classic portraits.'

Knowing someone who is gay or bisexual.

Listening to modern rock.



Right:

Discrimination against all minorities.

Hatred of all minorities.

Blaming everyone in sight for your shortcomings.

Forcing a smile.

Having as many children as possible, despite all other factors.

Consuming alcoholic beverages to fit in.

9 comments :

  1. whatever, everyone knows that Julieism is the coolest region out there... we do what we want, pssh and bitches ain't shit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. Can I join your cult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous25/3/07 08:38

    There are people who feel so bad about themselves that they put others down to make themselves feel better. Your mom must feel bad about herself or what her life has become, and that disappointment makes her "need" to put others down in order to protect her own ego.
    Being upset with you for being gay may be mostly to do with her own sense of failure ie: she was not able to produce a "normal" child. *crazy I know*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe it's just a culture-ingrained midwest thing that you guys luckily missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an abnormality! I'm going to lead a "normal" life with a monogamous relationship, a nice little house, probably a car, a job that I'll hopefully enjoy, and a reason to come home in the evening. The only difference is that more people are going to randomly hate me. And that's something I'm ready to deal with. Why can't she just understand that!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous26/3/07 08:41

    Eeek, in no way do I feel that you are abnormal. I am so sorry if I made you feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't. I know how you feel about it. I didn't mean to direct that anger toward you. I'm just kind of frustrated with my situation right now.

    Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous31/3/07 02:02

    Sorry you were sad this day. And Im up for joining a cult as well. But I must say Im not drinking anything while I am with yo guys:)

    ReplyDelete