Sunday, March 25, 2007

What is Tourette Syndrome?

I was surfing youtube today and I came across an interesting person. Her name is Jamie-Grace and she started a site, teensWts, which is for teens living with Tourette Syndrome. She's been posting videos on youtube, has some great information on her site and myspace profile, and even runs a (small, but growing) forum where people with Tourette Syndrome can get advice and support.

I think it's really great that she started this for a few reasons. The first being that it's great for awareness. I was just browsing through the blog section of youtube when I stumbled upon her video, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That's good because I learned some things today that I didn't know I wanted to know. It's also great to have a place where you can go talk about something with people who know what you're going through and dealing with. It really helps you stay positive. That's what I like about the forum.

I'm going to keep up with the site and hope it becomes a huge success because Jamie-Grace is doing a great thing here.


The audio doesn't stay synced, but this is a good and informative video. Plus, it's less than 3 minutes. There are some more here if you're interested.

5 comments :

  1. You have no idea, Tourette Syndrome is one of my favorite disorders, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, isn't that the exact same thing you said when I told you I'm gay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. being gay isn't a disorder, duh! I do like gay guys though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so WEIRD! But that's what makes you you. And we all love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous31/3/07 02:03

    Lol ok the comments made me laugh. but no it was very interesting. I like the videos.

    ReplyDelete