Thursday, March 22, 2007

My First Time Driving in a Year

And I screw up a Geo Metro.

The Geo

It was my cousin's car she bought for $300 and I was driving down a dirt road as a shortcut. Then I hit this tiny little pot hole (I managed to avoid all the dangerous looking ones) and noticed something was seriously wrong. The steering was all fucked up, the tires were making all sorts of interesting noises, and the brakes were acting kind of weak.

I eventually ended up pulling into my uncles driveway to see if he could do anything about it. It turns out that the frame snapped. There's a support bar that runs under the bar that connects the front tires to the steering mechanism and it just kind of broke. It was still connected to the back end of the chassis, but it wasn't enough to support that's not enough to safely support the car. So yeah, that was kind of my day.

The last few days I've been depressed again, but I don't really know why. I still don't and am only mentioning this in passing. I feel better now and hope to get some work done....right after I play SimCity for a few hours.

4 comments :

  1. Breaking someone else's car is the fucking scarest thing in the world! Sorry to hear that you did it too, but if it makes you feel better it's a pain we share together... as you already know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus. $300? Over here that wouldn't get you a car anywhere near roadworthiness. Maybe it's the same there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Autoworld, the suggested resale value for this car is only $500 anyway, and the company, which was owned by GM, was shut down 10 years ago. It's a subcompact car, which basically means extremely tiny and extremely cheap. Oh, and it didn't include a stereo. So I'd say the price was just about right. Any other car at $300 would be very suspicious though.

    But they did manage to fix it, which is good and I do prefer driving a tiny car to my mom's sedan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous31/3/07 02:01

    By that way that sucks.

    ReplyDelete