Sunday, June 25, 2006

Go Christopher Walken

A lot of things have been going on recently. First, I just saw the movie Click. I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it, but it was actually really good (Christopher Walken makes a great Angel of Death). This is the only movie I've watched in the last ten years that has actually made me cry. I didn't say anything because I felt like a pansy, but I'm the kind of person Adam Sandler plays. Then it made me start to think about my relationship with Jason and all my friends and how I'm always afraid to go out and have a good time because it never gets anything done. Also, yesterday I found a friend's myspace music profile and he had a song that was about this same sort of thing and I'm starting to wonder if I'm wasting my life being so reclusive.

The movie I'm making. First, after repeatedly telling me he had Wednesday off and would be there, Joe canceled. I vaguely remember something about him owing his dad $30 and having to go to Belle Tire. I knew it was going to happen. Someone always cancels. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was only Joe, but he too Erika with him. I ended up taking over Joe's character, which was a nightmare because I didn't know the lines and I'm not an actor by any means. I had to completely remove Erika's character from the movie because we (that means Steph) couldn't find someone to play her. That pisses me off because even though it was a last minute addition, she was an important character because she helped convey just how much of an asshole the Joe's character is.

I've been having equipment problems. The microphone built into my camera is crap. The sound quality is subpar and it picks up the slight sound of the disc spinning. I need at least a boom mic for now, but a nice set of wireless clip-ons would be good too. The only thing is that I don't have any money and I already owe all sorts of people. My camera also crashed and ate one of my discs. Apparently there was a scratch on the disc I put in, so it got mad, came up with some error message, attempted to recover the data, and rebooted. Then I put in another disc, but I guess I didn't push down hard enough to lock it in place, even though it clicked, and the camera carved a nice semicircular gouge into it. Looking back, the disc that made it crash had an identical gouge, so it's not the first time it's happened.

I also never realized how horrible the dialogue was (honestly) until reading lines with Jason and hearing people say them aloud. And I don't know how to direct, so I'm really bad at it. I'm also bad at getting all the shots I want because I can see what I want in my head, but I can't get the camera to do it. While I'm at it, I'm a bad editor too. My hard cuts look really strange and I don't have a good shot of me punching Jason. I still need to get Jake to confirm he'll play Gordon and I need to film the rest of the movie on Tuesday.

I ran out of things to say and I forgot if there's anything else because now I'm multitasking and that's not good. Good night everyone and have a great tomorrow.

EDIT: I also learned that I can use the hosts file to block ads today. I never really thought about it, but it works great.

No comments :

Post a Comment