Monday, June 19, 2006

It's Been a While

I've been putting a lot of work into the movie recently. I got the schedule all sorted out and confirmed almost everyone for Wednesday. I got my camera to work and dumped all the previously existing footage onto my hard drive. I even got one of my friends to play Gordon. I've been working on getting some really nice editing software, but it's got to be for Windows because my sound still won't work under Ubuntu.

I still have a lot to do though. I need to plan my shots and make a springboard. I need to make sure everyone's on the same page, and make sure everyone knows their part. I need to copy all my contacts and information from my sheet to my PDA. (I can never get any work done at all on a computer or electronic device, i know it's really weird) I need to gather up some music from local musicians who'd be willing to let me use their works. I need to make sure I have all the props I need and get an alarm clock I can break.

And after all that, I need to actually make the film. (I no longer consider this a movie, but film does imply that film was used during the process. But if George Lucas can shoot digital for the silver screen then so can I) That's going to be a pain. But an even bigger pain will be editing it because I'm a perfectionist. And I still don't know what to put on the filmmaker profile, but you can find it here anyway: www.myspace.com/orangeninjafilms. It's obviously not done, but it will be soon because I'm going to do it tonight (hopefully).

I posted another poem the other day too, but it wasn't nearly as controversial as the other ones. I've been looking at a lot of Jack Thompson quotes recently too. For some reason I just seem be drawn to all that is controversial (piracy, violent video games, sexuality issues, religion, that kind of thing). It's kind of fun but I always get into arguments with people because I always think I'm right. But so do they, and we argue about it.

On a lighter note, I think I just offended someone Swedish. Actually, the guy lives in the UK and he may have just been making fun of me. I'm just not sure.

No comments :

Post a Comment